whereabouts

Laila's POV

(Seven hours later.....)

"Did I do wrong? " I stared towards the tv looking at my reflection as everything that happened a while ago flashed throughout my mind.

I could quite remember how her red teary eyes were staring back as she pleaded.

"No...no I definitely did what's right. I definitely did what any other person would do to protect themselves." I whispered to myself as I hugged my knees closer to my body shaking my head repeatedly muttering that but it never helped instead it just weighed my heart with more guilt.

Maybe I should have.....

"No Laila you did what's right besides it was  it for your own safety. If you didn't do it , right now you would  be in jail for murder. " I tried cooing myself that I did what's right but I knew it  couldn't be right.

Nothing I did to Anna's mom was right.

I just wish she could find a place to forgive me wherever she is right now.

I just hope she could forgive me. I wasn't in my right mind space. I was angry.

'Doing such a thing to a person who is the only one that has ever treated you as their own daughter is unforgivable.' A voice at the back of my head whispered lowly but loud enough for me to hear making my lips tremble as I stared at the red liquid in a pool onto my white marble floor.

I'm really sorry Mrs. Peterson.

(A/n; sensitive topics ahead....)

(Seven hours ago...)

"Do you know where Anna is?"

I visibly gulped before averting my eyes away from Anna's mom to the coffee mug infront of me finding it more interesting right now.

I inched towards it with shakey hands until I raised it off the coffee table holding it firmly in place so that it would form a hiding place for my trembling hands.

I brought it closer to my lips then took a long sip to calm my racing heart before looking back in the aqua green eyes which were filled with unshed tears and pain.

I bit my inner cheek trying to calm down my racing heart as my ear felt hot all over a sudden as my stomach did flips forming a rhythm with my unsteady breathing

Calm down....

Calm down Laila

"Please Laila, tell me if you know where she is? I'm really worried about my daughter. I haven't heard from her in weeks. I'm really scared that something happened to her so please tell me if you have an idea about where she is." Anna's mom leaned until she was on the edge of the couch as she clasped her hands together in a begging manner as a tear fell from one of her eyes.

What should I do?

My eyes searched hers making me see the pain I inflicted on this woman before me. The pain I never saw I would see in someone else's eyes except mine.

What did I do?

Why didn't I think of this before.

I didn't think of this when I wished her daughter's death before my eyes then. I never thought of what her mom would feel when she's dead when I knew how much she loved her daughter. I opened my lips to say something but nothing could come out.