Incoming Problems

The peace didn't last too long for the newly formed family. Well, in Bobby's mind that was. At the moment he was glaring at the dark alpha across from him.

"No."

The new alpha raised a brow. "No?"

"That's what I said." Bobby knew he was being stubborn, but that was his pup.

Emilian cleared his throat, leaning into his alpha. "Bobby, you ca-"

"This is only a courtesy." The new alpha growled. "You don't have a say in this."

"He is my pup!" Bobby snapped.

"And he's my mate!" The other snarled.

"I don't give a crap, you are not taking him!" Jumping up he growled down at the alpha.

The other stayed seated, clearly not fazed by Bobby's attempt to intimidate him. "I understand you are new to all of this. So, I won't take any offense to your attitude towards me." Looking over at Emilian, he flashed his eyes as a warning. "He belongs by my side unless he himself rejects me."

"Bobby." Emilian grabbed the alpha's shoulder, pulling him back into his seat. "You can't keep them apart. It will only cause pain to both of them. Spencer being what he is, will suffer ten times the amount we would."

Bobby clicked his teeth, storming out of the living room. Walking out to the back yard he ruffed his hair and exhaled. This was not how their morning run was supposed to go. He should have just stayed in.

Flashback:

Bobby dodged the weak attempt Spencer made to tackle him. They had decided to go on a run that morning. A good way to get all that extra energy Spencer had in him. Running alongside the river that ran deep in the forest, Spencer leaped to the other side. Picking up his speed he tried beating Bobby in their solo race.

Emilian trotted with the others rolling his eyes at the antics of two wolves ahead of them. Leading the pack through a shortcut, they got to the clearing before Bobby and Spencer.

'Emilian you smell that?' David stopped beside the beta wolf, his nose raised towards the sky. 'I don't recognize it, but it's an alpha.'

Raising his nose upwards, Emilian took a deep whiff. 'It's an alpha alright.' Whoever it was, their scent was like nectar to them. It was warm and welcoming, but the longer he inhaled it, Emilian sensed something dangerous as well. The number of pheromones the alpha was releasing could only suggest one thing. 'It's after its mate.' That made this whole situation even more dangerous for them. 'Find Bobby and Spencer, best we stray clear of him. By the scent alone, I doubt we'd be able to hold him off.'

'Hold who off?' Bobby approached them from behind, Spencer prancing a few feet behind him. 'What's going on?'

'There is an-'

'Emilian.' David gestured to the large solid black wolf breaking past the tree lines.

The wolf remained still for a moment. His eyes looked at each wolf, while his nose looked for that scent that drove him here. He picked up the scents of the alpha, beta, and delta wolves. Taking a step forward, he kept his head up high allowing his scent to expand even more. He froze the moment he saw a young wolf pop its head from behind the alpha. Sitting down he allowed the omega to approach him.

Spencer took one whiff of the air and broke from the ranks. Running towards the alpha wolf, he paused a few feet in front of him. 'Hi!' The smell waving off him was mouthwatering. 'I'm Spencer.'