"I've missed you guys too." I kiss both their cheeks and pull away from the hug with a huge grin plastered on my face.

"Why didn't you visit us?" Crystal asks me with pouted lips. "Mommy said you're always busy at the hospital."

I feel a twinge of guilt prick at my chest. I ruffle Cameron's hair— the gesture making him smile— and hold onto Crystal's hand. "Your mom's right, Crystal. I have to take care of the sick people so they will feel much better. But don't worry, next time, I promise to visit."

The gloomy expression on their face fades away and is now replaced with the excitement from earlier. "Okay, aunt. What about Nellie? Why didn't she come with you?" Cameron inquires, staring up at me with eyes just like his mother's.

"Nellie has a lot of home work to do so she couldn't come with me." I say to them even though it isn't quite true.

The twins hug me one last time before sprinting over to the stairs when Megan sticks her head out of the kitchen and flashes them a glare. I find myself smiling wryly at the strong relationship Megan has with her children and the lack of mother-daughter relationship I have with Nellie.

It pains me to know that my own daughter hates me. I can't even remember the last time we watched TV together or go to the salon to get our hairs done or just talk about our day and anything in particular. As her mother, I barely know what goes on in her life— if she's making the right group of friends, having difficulty with any of her classes or just simply going through a tough time.

"Go settle in the guest room. I'll be there with you in the next few minutes." Megan's voice jerks me out of the train of thoughts going through my head. She gives me a look that says I–know–what–you're–thinking–about–so–you–better–snap–out–of–it.

I roll my eyes at her, grab my bag from the sofa before slinging it over my shoulder. I walk up the staircase while pulling out my phone from my bag to send a quick text to my grandma that I would be staying over at Megan's place and there's no need for her to worry about me.

Her reply is instant so that means she's waiting up for my return. The time is 11:30pm so I guess she must be insanely worried.

Grandma: Aright, dear. Please take good care of yourself. Extend my greetings to Megan and her wonderful children.

I don't bother to reply as I arrive at the top of the stairs. There's a long hallway with doors across from each other. Having been to Megan's house a couple of times, I walk over to the second door on my right and turn on the light switch. Bright light illuminates the room instantly and envelopes the darkness. Nothing has changed since the last time I've been here.

There's a Queen-sized bed in the center of the room, a nightstand with a lamp and an alarm clock placed on it, a wardrobe and a dresser which is across the perfectly made bed. The windows beckon in the bright rays of moonlight.

Megan reserves this particular guest room just for me. I come here to get away from my problems and dwell on the recent event occurring in my life. I know Megan doesn't mind but I try not to impose on her privacy or overstay my welcome.

Shutting the door shut behind me, I kick off my shoes and toss my bag to the bed. My clothes are off within a matter of seconds and I don't waste anymore time to step into the bathroom.

I let the warm water soak my body, feeling it hug every inch of skin so gently that a soft sigh escapes my lips. The reason for my being here reels back into my mind with the intention to drive me into a full blown panic.

My clenched fist meets the white porcelain tiles as I lower my head and focus on the strange pain rising in my throat and my inability to breathe. Watching someone's head being cut off from their body still has me in total shock but the nagging feeling deep in my chest of the possibility of being raped again if their boss hadn't walked in fuels my anxiety.