Chapter 22 - Avoiding And Hangouts.

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Ding dong

    Go away. I increase the volume of the TV and smile. The person will go away eventually.

Knock knock. Okay, who's that? I jump up and swing the door open only to meet David's smiling face. What's he doing here?

    "What are you doing here?" I ask, voicing my thoughts.

     "Aren't you going to invite me in first?" He asks.

     "How did you even get here?" I ask again looking around.

      "Oh my goodness Kemi. Are you an investigator or something?" He asks laughing. "Am I going to keep standing here while we ask each other questions?"

      "Come in"

      "Thank you" he breaths and walks in. "Pretty sweet place you've got" he says looking around and I nod.

      "Can I offer you...." I start but he shuts me down.

      "Nah. I'm good. I'm here to take you out"

      "Out?"

      "Yeah. We're all heading out. Haven't you come online today?"

      "I haven't. Is Jasmine coming too?" I ask cautiously and he nods. "So, you guys have been in touch then?"

     "Well yeah" he replies shrugging. So it's just me then. But what did I do wrong though? I'm going to have a headache.

      "Oh. Wait here let me get dressed and inform my dad" I say and make my way upstairs.

    I get to the study and knock on the door. "Daddy, can I head out with a couple friends?" I ask once I'm inside.

    "Who was at the door?"

    "David" I reply but he still looks confused. "My date from the ball?"

     "A boy came over and you were both downstairs? Alone?" He asks standing up.

      "Daddy na. It's not like that" I say covering my eyes. Me and David? Not gonna happen.

      "I don't want anyone near my princess. My little princess"

      "No one is coming near your little queen" I say, making emphasis on the 'queen' and he rolls his eyes. Like, he actually rolls his eyes. "I'll be with Jasmine and Sophia and even Chichi. Please" I say and give him the puppy eyes.

      "Fine. The house is going to feel so empty"

     "Mom will be back soon. Byeee" I say and head to my room to get dressed.

♥♥♥
    David and I arrive at an arcade where we're supposed to meet the others. I spot Benji and drag the both of us closer. "Hey" I greet all chirpy.

     "Kemi bear" he says pulling me in for a hug and David and him exchange the bro handshake stuff that I'm yet to understand.

     "Where are the others?" David asks.

     "They are...oh here they are"he says and points behind us. We both turn around and spot them making their way in.

    "Let's have some fun, shall we?" Benji asks laying his two hands on both our shoulders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    The arcade is fun. Jasmine and I don't really make much contact. She avoids looking at me and being beside me like she'd catch a disease. I kinda feel a bit embarrassed because the guys are giving us weird looks.

    We're having a snack at a fast food restaurant close to the arcade and conversation is flowing above my head. I'm busy focusing on my burger.

   "Okay. The tension is so suffocating. What's going on between you guys?" Temi asks pointing at me and Jasmine.  I glance at her and back at Temi because she's giving him a look I can't decipher.

     "Look who's asking?" She sneers. Okay, what's going on?

     "I'd also like to know what's going on" I say and she rests back on her chair with a huff.

      "Of course. The two people that are the problem are the ones that are so curious" she says and rolls her eyes so hard I think they'll get stuck. But back to what she said.

     "What are you talking about?" Temi asks. "You're being ridiculous right now"

     "I am?" She asks incredulously.

     "Yes, you are" he affirms and I almost see a vein pop in his forehead.

     "Or it's Kemi behaving all innocent and soaking up all the attention?" She asks pointing at me. I'm sorry whaatttttt?!!! I'm doing what now? My name should not just enter you people's matter at all.

     "What does your issue with Temi have to do with me? Leave me out of it" I say with a hiss.

     "I think everyone needs to just chill" Jacob says speaking up for the first time since lunch started.

    "Jasmine, I think that's enough" Sophia says. The former looks at Sophia and scoffs before leaving the restaurant.

    "So, that happened" Isaac says. "What exactly is the problem Kemi?"

    "How am I supposed to know?" I ask flailing my arms. I don't even understand the stuff that Jasmine was spewing but I sure know who does.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
   What's up my people? So, yeah, been a while. How was this chapter?
What's up with Jasmine abeg🧐 somebody should tell me😂.
Till the next update😊
Vote and comment lovelies ❤️
XOXO❤️❤️