𝟲.𝟱

Leila POV

After I landed, one of the men in a black suit escorted me inside the airport towards the exit. I opened my purse to get my card when the man gave me a bronze card.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Mr Kurosawa advised you to use this," he replied briefly.

I let out a humourless laugh. I don't need his money, I thought but I decided to accept it anyway I'll run him dry, If I can. I accepted the card and the man bowed. He called a taxi for me, placing my bag in the back. I thanked him, and then entered I was about to close the door when he joined me. I looked at him raising my brow.

"Mr Kurosawaw told me to make sure you get to your destination safely," he replied.

I rolled my eyes, I felt the taxi man peered at us through the mirror. I told him the destination and he drove off. I was deciding on going back home, where Jamal and I live, but I don't know where we stand right now so I decided to go to my family house in Montego Bay.

 I was deciding on going back home, where Jamal and I live, but I don't know where we stand right now so I decided to go to my family house in Montego Bay

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

A Look At Montego Bay

My family wasn't rich, but we weren't poor either you could say we were financially stable. My parents always made sure there was food on the table and clothes in our bags. I have 2 siblings, a younger sister and an older brother. The younger sister still lives at home whereas my older brother moved to live with his wife.

I glanced at the tall pale man beside me, I could feel the taxi man stealing glances as well, I groaned mentally I could already hear the gossip when they see me and him me.

When we reached my house, He paid the taxi man, who almost tried to overcharge us, I had to go back and forth with him before we settled on a reasonable price.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Her Parents House^

One thing with some Jamaicans is when they see you coming from a foreign or if you're a foreigner they always try to up the price. The man took my bag from the back and brought it out.

"Thanks, you don't have to help me bring it inside," I replied. I could feel the nosy eyes of our neighbours looking at us. I didn't wanna give them more stuff to talk about.