Chapter 21: justice ?

𝗮/𝗻 : 𝗛𝗶 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀 ! 𝗜'𝗺 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸:) 𝗜'𝗺 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗿𝗲𝗴𝘂𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗹𝘆 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻

𝗮/𝗻 : 𝗛𝗶 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀 ! 𝗜'𝗺 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸:) 𝗜'𝗺 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗿𝗲𝗴𝘂𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗹𝘆 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻. 𝗜 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁. 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝘅𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗼𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗹𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘆

BEST TO READ IN DARK MODE !!!
LOWER CASE INTENDED !!

"asta..do you even know what kind of situation you're in right now," you said seriously. as you were done clarifying the situation to him he started to scream in panic. "WHY IS IT EITHER CLOVER KINGDOM WILL BE DESTROYED OR IM GOING TO END UP DYING ??"

yami made a sluggish face and raised his right hand in front of his face. "rest in peace"

asta was panicking even more. "WHY ARE YOU ASSUMING IM WINDING UP DEAD?!" you chuckled as he said, "WHAT'S THE MEANING OF THIS, EMI" you looked at asta straight in the eyes and said, "asta. that anti-magic power of yours comes from a devil."

asta widen his eyes as he glanced at his left hand. 'when i was in my black form, i did kind of sense a similar presence...but a devil?!'

you coughed to get everyone's attention. "there are three cocountries surrounding clover kingdom. having no reservations about human experimentation...the militant nation, diamond. through their scholars of sorcery and black magic, possessing a powerful army by adapting to their land, rich in natural mana, they have mastered their unique style of magic. largely choosing to remain unseen the unexplored neutral nation heart." (literally forgot the rest)

after explaining

"so now you have to go to the courthouse of the magic congress," you said nonchalantly, he suddenly kneeled on the floor and said, "YOU WON'T COME WITH ME, EMI ?! PLEASE COME WITH ME. THEY'RE GOONG TO KILL ME." you sighed. "i will join you later" asta sniffled, "you promise ! "

you smiled. "i promise"

"so this is the place.." asta said as he scanned the place. he then opened the doors and was unexpectedly handcuffed. he began to panic. "WAHHHHHHHHH WHAT THE HECK IS THIS??" he spoke out as he was shaking his arms back and forth.

he was then presented in a room full of nobles, grimacing at him. "the very center of the legislation and justice of clover kingdom, magic congress, i, damnatio kira, chairman and speaker of the house call the hearing for the crimes of asta of the black bulls." everyone began to whisper amongst themselves as damnatio said, "asta of the black bulls. hailing from hage village in the furthermost reaches of the forsaken region"

"filthy low-class garbage.."

"so then he's an orphan of the forsaken region.."

"oh my.."

he continued. "and as for that girl over there..there are no records of her birth anywhere within the kingdom but those horns are clear proof that she has used forbidden magic. they are claiming that the recent conflicts were a direct result of a 'devil' tricking and manipulating the magic knights." asta budded in. "that's right! that devil was behind everyone getting their body possessed..!" they then began to whisper again.

"a devil??"

"you expect us to trust the words of a lowly commoner ?!"

"and arent those horns of proof of being a devil??"

asta scoffed out of frustration. "listen to what im saying!!" damnatio began to walk closer to asta and whispered in his ear. "from the very start, this trial..had one of two outcomes..either you would be judged as a devil or it is the magic knights shouldering the dishonor of this crime. so tell me then, where exactly is this so-called 'devil' you spoke of, hm?"

"i told you already. we defeated it!! and just to accomplish that, nero desperately gave her all working for a long, looong time" damnatio looked at them with disgust. "and yet everyone here much rather suspects that you yourselves are the very devil of which you speak."

"no! you got it all wrong!! my grimoire belongs to a different devi—" nero covered asta's mouth. "if there is no devil then we have no choice but to judge everyone, one by one. bring her" a person with a white cloak then brought marie here, in handcuffs. "MARIE??" asta exclaimed out loud.

"this is marie adlai. she was one of the people that brought indirect injury and harm to the magic knights as well as the citizens of our kingdom. her motive was almost certainly the grudge she harbors against the upper and ruling class."

"DONT GO JUST SPOUTING OFF WHATEVER YOU FEEL LIKE!! BESIDES NONE OF THAT WAS OF MARIES OWN FREE WILL." damnatio sneered. "you must be judged" everyone that surrounded her began to cast something onto her. "you are evil"

as they were ready to hit marie, asta quickly came to the rescue and protected marie. "i know all too well what your methods are." everyone gasped at asta when they saw his demon form. "and i don't acknowledge your justice!!"

"we will never see eye-to-eye not with the likes of a devil..!!"

"KILL HIM"

"WE CALL FOR HIS IMMEDIATE EXECUTION!!"

asta glared at damnatio. "accept your fate"  once he said that you broke the wall. everyone glimpsed towards that direction in fright except for damnatio.

"KYYAAA!!"

"WHAT'S GOING ON??!"

you then appeared from all the smoke. "yoshhhh! hi everyone." you waved while asta began running towards you with marie. "YOU ACTUALLY CAME. OH MY GOD. THEY WERE ABOUT TO KILL ALL OF US !!!" asta shrieked.

"THE WIZARD QUEEN??"

"WHAT IS THAT COMMONER DOING WITH THE WIZARD QUEEN"

you then put your pointer finger infront of your mouth, signaling them to shut up. damnatio looked baffled. he was questioning why you appeared.

"i got this, asta. after all, i would never let anything happen to you while im around." you smiled.