Chapter 1: Asta and Yuno

9 years later

Emi's POV:

"Sister Lily, I'm going to play in the forest! I promise to be back before the sun sets!" Sister Lily sighed. She couldn't say 'no' to a nine-year-old.

"Alright. You better promise!" She smiled. "Pinky promise! Oh and by the way, don't tell Asta and Yuno! It's a secret!" She nodded her head and I started to walk to the forest.

The forest was so pretty..Lots of trees around the area. 'This could be a place to play hide and seek!' She giggled at herself as she began to roam around the forest. A few hours later, which seems like only 20 minutes, the sun begins to set. She sighed.

"It feels like it's only been 20 minutes..Oh well..Bye-bye forest. Until next time!" She smiled and began to jog back to the church. After a while, I stopped sprinting and stood there panting. She sighed. She then started to walk back. She opened the door to see everybody crying.

"Why are you guys crying?" As soon as I said something they instantly ran towards me and hugged me. "We thought you were gone! You took so long arriving back to the church, we thought somebody took you!" I tilted my head.

"Who would want to take me?" Sister Lily widened her eyes, trying to make up an excuse. "A-ah, let's not talk about that. We're all delighted you're alright!" I sweatdropped. 'Did she really dismiss my question-'

I shrugged it off. "I'm fine guys!" My stomach began to growl. "U-uh I'm hungry." I smiled sheepishly. Sister Lily chuckled and grabbed a plate for me and put some potatoes on my plate and gave it to me. I thanked her and went to my seat and began to eat the food.

After I was done eating, I grabbed Yuno and Asta hand's and began to walk to our room. "Guess what guys!" They looked at me and tilted their heads. "What?" they both said. "I found a new place to play hide and seek!" I giggled.

Asta was happy. "Yay! Thank you so much, Emi! You are the best!" He praised me. "I know unu" "Yeah! You are the best, Emi!" Yuno said. We all laughed. "Welp, I think it's time to go to bed. We have a big day ahead of us!" They nodded their head and began to get comfortable on their bed.

________________________________________________________________________________

Emi's POV

I was to first one to wake up early, again. I'm always the one to wake up early, I think I have a habit of doing that. I sweatdropped at myself. I began to get ready and went outside. The wind was blowing against my hair.

I heard footsteps coming my way and I turned around to see who it was. It was Yuno. "Hey, Yuno! Fancy seeing you here on this fine morning!" I smiled. "Stop saying big words that I don't understand." I chuckled at his statement. "Whatever do you mean, Yuno~" I teased him.

He blushed. "I-its nothing! A-anyways, what are you doing here?" He tried to change the subject, which I wasn't fond of it but I let it slide for once. "Just trying to get some fresh air, you know." I smiled at him.

He looked at me and blushed again. He quickly looked away. "Y-yea."

"Should we go wake up Asta?" I asked.

"U-uhh sure." I held Yuno's hand and dragged him with me back to the church. We went to our room and I suddenly got the urge to jump on him- I didn't know why but eh. I let go of Yuno's hand and began to jump and landed on Asta's stomach.

He widened his eyes and screamed. I quickly covered his mouth. "Hehe sorry, Asta. I just had the urge to jump on you!" I smiled sheepishly. I was still on Asta and he began to blush. I tilted my head. "You ok Asta? You seem kinda red?" I cupped his cheeks.

"Are you okkkkk?" He nodded his head. Yuno frowned. He didn't like how I was touching Asta. I let go of his face and got off of him. "Come on! Let's go place hide and seek in the forest!" They both nodded their head and began to follow me to the forest.

We were playing hide and seek for about 3 hours. It was fun! I kept on winning because I know this place like the back of my hand. Asta was near me. I quickly hid behind a tree. Then, after Asta turned around I ran. I was running like my life depended on it. I was still looking at Asta while running.

Suddenly I bumped into something. It was Yuno. I was on top of Yuno! I screamed and got off him. "I'm so sorry, Yuno! I didn't mean it really! I wasn't paying attention!" I kept apologizing to him even though he said it was 'alright.'

Then out of nowhere Asta appeared and screamed 'BOO' I screamed and hid behind Yuno. "Hahaha! You should've seen your face!" Asta was laughing. I began to cry a bit. 'It's not funny..I hate being scared..' I silently cried. Yuno noticed and said "Look what you did Asta! You made Emi cry!" He hugged me.

Asta widened his eyes and began to apologize to me. "I'm sorry for making you cry, Emi! I didn't mean to laugh at you." He frowned. Then my mood change from sad to happy! "It's ok Asta!" I smiled. They both sweatdropped at my reaction. "What?" I tilted my head.

"Nothing!" They both said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: How was it so far? I wanted to change it up a bit unu. Hope you guys enjoy it!! Have a great day/night! And stay safe! <3

Words Counted: 1,030