Chapter 17: Shadow Palace

Emi's POV:

"Are you guys crazy?! Why would you guys want to go to the Shadow Palace?!" Nozel encountered. I sighed. "We need to save the rest of the people who've been possessed!!" Asta blurted out. Nozel, trying to make up an excuse. "Well, I agree with Asta."

"SEE, IF EMI BELIEVES IN ME THEN ALL YOU CAN AS WELL"

I covered my ears. "I might take that back, Asta-" He gave a baffled expression. "What-..! No!" Giving me pleading eyes. I scoffed. "Hmph!" They all sweatdropped.

---

After going into the portal thingy, we all got transported into different rooms. "Where am I?" I asked myself. I sighed. 'I wonder how are the others are holding up.' I continued to walk around until I heard a big crash. I widened my eyes.

'What the hell was that?!' I used my cosmos magic to go up there. I sighed. 'The place just looks like a ruin.'

When I got up there I saw Yuno and three other people with him. I noticed Patolli(Licht) was one of them. Patolli noticed me and told one of his men to grab my necklace and earring. I widened my eyes and began to step back a little.

"Come here.." A faint voice said to me while the dude who was told to take my necklace/earring away from me was attacking me. For a split second, he appeared right in front of me, grabbing my necklace/earring.

"HEY! GIVE IT BACK! THAT BELONGS TO ME!" 

Then the man who took my necklace/earring began to turn into a disgusting abomination. I felt like I wanted to puke. "Ahh, finally.." It said. "You." He pointed at me. "I surprised you're still alive, human."

I tilted my head. "What do you mean?" He laughed loudly. "I KILLED you and the rest of the elf tribe.(?) I wonder if you're husband is dead or alive now. I'm surprised that you're still here." I widened my eyes.

"I don't have a husband," I remarked. "Ahh, then you must be the reincarnation of her," I growled. "You going to PAY for killing these poor innocent lives!"

"I wouldn't do that if I were you~," It said in a sadist's voice. He made Patolli come over to him and put these things through his body, making him scream in pain. I yelped. 'He's a monster.'

Asta abruptly came to the rescue with Zora. I sighed.

---

After the demon said a bunch of nonsense to Patolli, his grimoire and he started to turn like a dead-looking doll. I yelped. 'I hate dolls!'

The devil made Patolli attack us, making all of us try to make him gain control over himself. "Well, good day!" The demon left us. I scoffed. 

---

After Patolli gained control over himself, we all went to the top. This day is getting crazier by the second. We now see another version of Patolli but his name is Licht and the first Wizard King. I widened my eyes. The first Wizard King is here?!

After my whole fiasco, Licht came over to me and hugged me. I was startled. "Lyne..is that really you.." I stiffened at that name.

He looked at me with sad eyes. I shook my head 'no'. "My name isn't Lyne..It's Emi..You're friend Patollu said I'm the reincarnation of Lyne though." He nodded his head.