"Seriously never heard this?" Dale brings the bag of weapons to the group, "Our first night in camp, Daryl tells us that the whole thing reminds him of a time he went squirrel hunting and he saw a chupacabra."

I stifled a laugh.

"What are you braying at, Blondie?"

"You believe in a blood-sucking dog?"

"Do you believe dead people walking around?"

Fair enough.

Jimmy looked down at the weapons Dale had spread out, picking up a rifle. "hey, hey. Ever fire one before?" Rick asked. 

"Well, if I'm going out, I want one."

"Yeah, and people in hell want slurpees." Daryl walked off. 

"While you're out there, you might wanna watch out for Bigfoot!" I jokingly called, earning a few laughs from the group. 

"Why don't we train tomorrow?" Shane suggested, "I'm a certified instructor."

Andrea looked at Jimmy, "for now, he can come with us."

"He's yours to babysit, then." Shane told her, leaning on the truck's open passenger door. Rick went on to give everyone assignments, leaving Shane to ask, "JJ, you wanna come with me?"

My stomach dropped. I'd done a hell of a job ignoring him until now. It honestly caught me off guard. 

"That's not a bad idea," Rick looked to Shane and then back to me, noticing my dazed expression. "JJ?"

"Uh, actually, I don't- I don't think I'm feeling that well." I looked to Rick, fully ignoring Shane's presence. 

"You were feeling fine this morning." Shane reminded. 

"Yeah, I, uh," I scrambled to think of an excuse, "it's cramps."

Rick nodded, "feel better, then."

"Thanks." I gave a quick and awkward nod to my brother before heading back to the house. Glenn sat in a rocking chair on the porch, strumming an acoustic guitar. "You play?"

"Nah." He looked over to me, "Dale found it on the highway, and thought I'd like it."

"It's a nice guitar. Zager Easy, solid spruce if I had to guess." I leaned up against the white railing. 

Glenn smiled and nodded, "I have no idea what that means."

I grinned, "it means it's about a $2,000 guitar."

"Oh. How could you tell?"

"It was the acoustic I was saving up for. Trust me, the one I had was not that nice."

"So, I imagine you play."

I shrugged, "Since the third grade. Started out on a small, purple acoustic with butterfly stickers. Then, I eventually moved on to electric."

"You wanna play?" He handed over the guitar. 

"Never thought you'd ask." 

I began strumming, just getting the feel for it. I lost my attention when the screen door shut and Maggie stood, smiling. "Do we have a gig coming up I forgot about?" She joked. 

"Nah, figured I'd go play on the street corner again for some extra cash." I noticed the tension between the two and took it as a sign to politely dismiss myself. "Well, while you two discuss your sex-capades, I'm gonna go play some classics underneath a nice tree." See? Subtle. 

"And by classics, you mean Taylor Swift?" Maggie asked as I was leaving the porch. 

"You know it."

What? Aerosmith wasn't the only music I loved.