2 • 130 • 142

Start from the beginning

Cruelly, she had to leave them to grow on their own.

"You've killed the two of us. And those children are as naive as they can be. They wouldn't be able to harm your plans with their naivety and weaknesses."

Though she has been again and again disappointed by the Gods above, at the end, in the helpless situation, she could once again pray for them. She could only pray for miracles to happen so that they will survive, to live the lives they desired.

"So, please....... let them go."

Every single word that she spoke wounded his heart, but he couldn't stop right there. He found her pitiful and was sympathetic, but he couldn't save her.

He closed her eyes, "Fine. I'll spare them. But if they encounter any dangers, I won't help them."

She smiled when she heard that.

"Just your promise not to touch them makes me feel happy. But unfortunately, as merciful as you may be....... I could never forgive the murderer of my husband."

He was not surprised to hear those words. For a few moments, in silence and chilling night, he looked at her body with his cold but lonely purple eyes.

And the silence was interrupted by the cries of children.

"MOM!"

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

When the blinding white light slowly vanished, he could see with his own blue eyes how a once well- built arena was faced with destruction caused by both of the fighters. And those two fighters, with their eyes closed and wounds all over their bodies, they were floating on the air of shinsu with their eyes closed.

The last orb was so near with him. The vulnerable and fragile orb was floating on its place and it would determine the victor of the match.

"Wake up, son of V," he spoke, not rushed. "The core is right next to you."

Coincidentally, the two of them opened their eyes in the same time together. And when they remembered the unfinished fight, they were back on their guards immediately, trying to fight off the exhaustion and pain they felt to concentrate.

Bam saw the last core. It was very close to him. The [ Remnants of Star Dust ] might have taken most of his energy, but he was confident that he could attack one more time.

'One last time...!'

"Stop, that's enough," Zahard said. "You've won this deal."

Bam was left confused for a moment.

Zahard opened his palm and an item appeared out of thin air. It was something similar with a silver and black wristwatch.

"The Zahard at the outside left this with me," he said. "You were looking for this, right? Take it."

"What?!"

His sudden change in attitude confused Bam. Before, he was very excited in killing him and his friends and find out how he knew his mother's name. But now, that hostility and blood lust seemed to have vanished during their fight.

As it was an item left by the real Zahard, the item must be very important. It wasn't something that could be easily handed to outsiders, especially people like Bam who was an irregular and someone affiliated with FUG. But Zahard's data was willing to give it for him.

After awhile he explained his intention and cleared his doubt,

"I want to show you to the outside me. You have to meet me at the outside. It may be hard right now, but if you grow more... you may even be able to give the outside me a new experience too. So I'll let you go," he said.