Chapter 8

"Reaching the weak star that shone closer to her."

She sighed as she went to her space at the library where it had all her stuff. Her home.

A hand grabs her wrist, surprising her.

"Wait! Be my trainer. I will support you in anything." Elijah pleased.

"Are you demanding me or are you asking? Make your head clear, crybaby." She faced him head-on.

"I am not even crying. Why would you call me that?" Elijah got confused.

"Oh? Since you aren't. Do I have to make you cry so I could call you that? Or... Do you prefer being called baby to cancel out the crying." She spoke back while Elijah dropped his grip on her wrist. "Let me do what I want, while you're at it. Since you want me to be your trainer." She proceeded to walk back to her space at the library while Elijah continued to follow her.

"Please," Elijah begged.

"Why're you still here? Get out. You have to go home, eventually." She looked at the wall clock, "It's already about to hit 6:00 PM."

"Look, i know you're probably offended by now because I sounded like I wanted to use you. Use you to get stronger, But! I am not a person who acts like that for how long I'd care." Elijah explained.

"I said get the hell out." Scar looked at him eye-to-eye. It was easy for her to stare directly into his eyes because they were at the same height.

"I am sorry... for whatever I did wrong." Elijah didn't know how to reach for her, he figured he'd act rude and careless if he'd grab her wrist like that again. He just needed her to train him to get stronger. Powerful like her. Not in the way she thought he was directing her.
He left.

"Stupid crybaby. He'd probably cry again." Scar talked to herself, "Ugh.. sh*t why do I care." She sat on her office chair and slammed her head on her desk.

---------------------------------

[FLASHBACK]
Scar's POV

Yesterday Night

I can't believe his mother was a true artist herself. I haven't met with her yet, but I could if I just reached for that boy...
What am I thinking? Am i crazy? Just a mere painting and I am already going crazy over it?

But... It's just that, I've lived with it before and I've always felt calm and nonchalant whenever I went to admire the painting from afar.

I made sure myself that no one could disturb me while I admire such a painting. Except for this guy who broke into my lair. He disturbed me, and I didn't like it. I would've scared him away with just a look but he didn't know anything about my past which makes him even more complicated to make him get under my spell, under my command.

Maybe, I just got too crazy with all this commanding thing about the students at this school because I've gotten used to it since they fear me enough to just even do everything that I want. It's not a good thought.

However, he wasn't just a new student, which confused me, he was also the artist's son that drew the painting I loved.

I want to get close to him, but I also want to scare him and make him run away from my life.

It's complicated.

So, this is what they called about being complicated because of a mere boy?

Wait, no this one is different. He's not my type, to begin with, he's weak and naive. Brave but it all goes to waste because of his skinny body.

A crybaby
A boy, definitely I wouldn't want.

"Why am I doing this?!? What am I thinking?! We just met and obviously, it's not the type of me to directly think a lot about whether I should make friends with him or not.!!!" I got frustrated.

I went outside to see if he was still outside the school gates waiting for his ride. I wanted to lessen my unnecessary worries that I couldn't even know where I had gotten it.

Kairo... He's here... Talking with him?

I glared at him, hiding inside the gates' shadows.

"And.. How'd you know I saw the man in black?" Elijah asked Kairo.

What?... Man in black? What're they talking about?

Kairo looked in my direction with a side-eye, so I hid even more.

I wonder what they were talking about.

Plus, do they know each other? Such a small school that it'd be ironic for them both to know each other.

As Elijah's ride went, I stopped hiding and looked in their direction... To try to keep him safe, at least. You don't know what might happen to him...

The next morning,
I woke up around 9 AM. I wouldn't bother going outside the library because I once said that I would lock myself in there for such a long time.

But, that! That crybaby! It's making my head hurt. I have to make friends with him... I have to take care of him. If you ask why it's not because I have feelings for him. I just met him yesterday! What the hell! It's because the artist could've felt all the pain through painting such a big painting and I want to know if she's okay with him. Through her son. This painting means a lot to me because it became my stress reliever whenever I needed to release and perish my stress.

Plus, the first time I saw him... He was in the middle of the hallway of the locker. He looked helpless, he was weak. He cannot handle this school without anyone helping him. To think of it, thinking about and worrying about her son could lessen her burden and she's the only reason why I am doing so.

After hours of pondering on what to do, I decided to go and find him. It took me not so long to find him as the library and the cafeteria were both just 4 blocks away.

Again... Kairo is bothering him. He shouldn't lay a hand on him or he'll hurt my favorite artist's son. I pity him too for getting bruised up already even though it was his first day of school yesterday. I too relate to his side. So, I had the mood to prevent anything from happening between the two.

Because he... Kairo, cannot touch the person I am trying to reach.

I still want to get to know him more to get close to his mother, I cannot let him die yet.

Not yet.

END OF FLASHBACK