14

"They're okay Fao, they're okay." He whispered reassuringly, and I forced myself to be that strong soldier that I was raised and trained to be, not letting my emotions getting the better of me. 

When I opened my eyes, I forced on a strong face, one I had seen my mother wear countless of times before now. Today I was going to fight like my parents, with the same energy and love for their clan whether it was the last thing I do.

"I think I've got a solid plan."

FAO's POV

FAO's POV

Gunshots, ash and fire surrounded us and our senses, but none of that mattered to me when I saw them.

"Watch out!" Neteyam yelled from beside me before he tackled me to the ground. I gasped in pain and shock as I watched a sky human raise a knife over his head, in an attempt to stab either or both of us, before large debris swept him away.

"You okay?" I breathed out to the boy on top of me, and he quickly untangled himself from me, frantically nodding his head before lifting me up and giving me a look that said 'be more aware.' I sighed at that. We were currently on the sky peoples half floating ship, and I had set my sights on Tsireya, Lo'ak and Tuk, and immediately my mind went into overdriving, urging myself not to worry about me, but instead them.

The three caught out eye, Tuk yelling out a loud "Neteyam!" I had hope we'd be able to get them out of this situation as I quickly ran towards them, the boy I had grown fond to hot on my trail. Only a couple of metres away from my sister and Neteyam's siblings, I turned to a loud noise and stopped in my tracks, Neteyam following.

My breath hitched as I looked over Neteyam's dark blue shoulder to see one of the ships engines on fire. Completely alight. Neteyam cursed under his breath, but I knew now wasn't the time to focus on anything but the 3 kids, as I grabbed his hands and started to drag him towards them.

His hands were cold against mine, yet still sent a sense of comfort down my spine as we sprinted to help our siblings. Sliding on my knees towards Tsireya and where she was bound, frantically trying to grab my knife with my shaking hands.

"You're okay? You're not hurt? They didn't touch you did they, because if they did I swear to--,"

"Fao! Breathe!" My sister yelled, and I quickly nodded my head. She was right, I was getting ahead of myself and not even focusing on the task at hand. As fast as I could, I unsheathed my knife from its holder, before Neteyam's voice rang in my ears.

"Hold on to the railings!"

I barely had time to process what he said, grabbing onto the cold metal just in time to notice the rock heading close to us before we were thrown into the air, our bodies being thrown against the railings.

I groaned loudly as my cheek made harsh contact with the metal, blood tasting on my tongue and I knew for a fact that was going to bruise badly. I didn't let the stinging pain deter me as I silently turned to my sister to help her out of her bonds.