8

"Tuktirey," Neteyam lowly muttered in a threatening voice, but that did nothing as she flew off on her ilu, and I dragged my hands down my face in fear. Kiri came closer to me, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"I'm so dead Neteyam."

"That makes two of us."

FAO's POV

FAO's POV

I was grounded. I seriously couldn't believe my parents, but I remembered it could be worse. After little Tuktirey told her father about Neteyam and I, he wasted no time in telling my parents. I couldn't be mad at Tuk though, she didn't know any better.

For well over an hour my parents, mostly my dad yelled at me as I sat silently on the floor, telling me how my actions brought shame upon our family, and questioning why I couldn't be more like my brother or sister. They watched silently from the door. I didn't say anything, and didn't even bother to argue because they had a good point. My siblings would never go out kissing forest Na'vi knowing damn well my parents were going to choose their partner.

"Dumbass." A voice said softly from behind me, and I sniffled, dropping my head in between my knees, annoyed that my brother decided to come and annoy me. Terrible timing. "Leave me alone, Aonung." I muttered, my voice thick with tears.

Though I often got in trouble, nothing has ever compared to today, and some of the words said to me struck hard. A hand softly began to trace soothing circles on my back, and I sighed from crying myself to exhaustion.

"They don't mean what they said, they're only mad Fao." I mocked his words in a high pitch voice, so used to that phrase before I pushed his hand off of me. I glared at him with wet and bloodshot eyes. "Go hang out with Rotxo or something. Just leave me alone." I growled and Aonung just rolled his eyes, getting comfortable and leaning up against the shacks walls.

He sighed at the mention of his friend. "He's not happy at all you know." He mumbled, and I made a gagging sound. I didn't care how he felt about Neteyam kissing me, especially when I told him time and time again that I wasn't interested in him.

"I don't care."

Aonung stood up in frustration, walking to the door to leave our shack before he turned to me. "You need to learn that your actions don't just affect you." I frowned at his words, and before I could say anything else, he was out the door.

NETEYAM's POV

"I knew you liked her bro." Lo'ak laughed as I explained to him my little... situation. We were both walking out of our shack and to the ocean where we had another lesson with Fao, Aonung and Tsireya.