6

"Neteyam, it's your brother." Was all he had to say before said boy was running back to his shack. My head shot to Aonung, and I speed walked up to him.

"Lo'ak? What's wrong with him?" I asked him, and he rubbed a hand down his face,

"I messed up big time Fao. I brought him outside the reef."

FAO's POV

FAO's POV

My mind was blank as I stood on a deck in front of the water with the rest of my people, waiting for Lo'ak to return. I genuinely couldn't believe those boys could be so stupid to take a beginner outside of the reef. More so, I couldn't believe Aonung. I believed he had more common sense in that big head of his, but apparently not.

I stood besides Neteyam and I could tell he was nervous. His arms were crossed against his chest tightly, and his foot tapped on the wooden floor. After Aonung confessed to the boy, he didn't wait a single second until he sped walked to his shack, even grabbing my brother to make sure he was following after him. Aonung was quickly made to tell the Toruk Makto about what had happened while I just silently stood there making sure there wasn't a repeat of the other day.

"Your brother has a strong heart. As do you, Neteyam. I'm sure he'll be fine." I whispered under the loud crashing waves and the sound of anxious chatter. Neteyam said nothing, only letting out a sigh and I forced myself not to take offence to that. To say I was also anxious was an understatement, and not solely for the young boys safety, but also for my brother. What would happen to him and his friends if Lo'ak was indeed not fine?

I shivered at the thought of Aonung being shunned and me having to take over.

I looked up at the dark sky that was lit up by several bright stars, and was ready to get lost in it when I heard someone shout, "the boy has returned!"
Neteyam didn't let a single moment go to waste, quickly pushing past people and running to the front of the deck to get to his brother. I simply stayed behind, internally preparing the tongue lashing I was going to hand to Aonung.

I watched in amusement as the blame when back and forth between the two Na'vi, before it stupidly landed on Lo'ak. Him trying to be honourable to my brother was laughable. After what he did, he deserved the repercussions that would have followed.

The Omaticayan family quickly left, making sure to reprimand the boy before they made their way to the shack. For a moment I caught sight of greenish yellow eyes on me and in seconds Neteyam was gone, so fast I thought I was seeing things.

For a while I just stood alone, before I decided to follow my family into our shack. I knew Aonung was going to get his ass beat, and the way Rotxo followed my parents with his head down, he definitely wasn't exempt, blood related or not.