13

We broke the surface of the water, breathing heavily before I felt my heart drop. "Neteyam." I whispered, and he looked back at me before looking to where my eyes were set on. Someone, a dream walker was set upon an ikran, holding my sister and Tuk in a net, with Lo'ak dangling off it.

In seconds the net was dropped onto the sky peoples ship, and I could feel myself getting nauseous. "We can't leave them!" I gasped out, and Neteyam placed a comforting hand on my leg, rubbing in slow circles.

"We're not going to." He sighed out, his nose flaring at the sight of his brother aboard the sky peoples boat, in imminent danger. "Trust me, we'll get them back." 

LO'AK's POV 

LO'AK's POV 

"Hold on!" I shouted, as Tsireya, Tuk and I were lifted in the air by an Ikran, the two girls captured in a net. My hands were starting to feel raw as I fastened my grip around the roped net, not wanting to let go for both of their sakes. 

"Watch out! Move your head!" I instructed as I unsheathed one of my hunting knives and started to cut through the ropes, the terrified shouts of my little sister motivating me to move faster. However, my efforts were futile as I looked down and saw the surface of the sky peoples boat. The ikran slowly lowered us until we all hit the ground, the two girls still captured in the net.

I turned and faced the avatars, crouching in a threatening stance and ignoring their demands for me to drop my weapons. I hissed at one who was creeping close to me, my knife held out in front of me, reading to swing. I pounced on the avatar and sliced air as he grabbed my arm and the back of my neck, pushing me to the ground flat on my stomach. Pain shot through my body as a foot harshly placed itself on my back and pushed against it with an immense amount of pain. 

From where I was, I couldn't see Tuktirey or Tsireya, but knew for a fact I wasn't leaving this boat until they were safe. I tried to push myself up as I heard the two scream and hiss, but it was useless under the iron pressure of the foot on top of me. 

"Hey! What are you doing, stop!" I nearly felt my whole entire body relax as the voice of spider reached my ears. I could've cried out of happiness-- since we made it to the Metkayina, I often thought my friend was dead or being tortured by the sky people, and felt guilty for not being able to save him. To see him safe lifted a weight off of my shoulder. 

"Stop, don't hurt them!" I turned my head to see him barrelling towards us, his blonde dreads flying around before he was abruptly and harshly stopped by the sky people who dragged him away from us. I, again tried to get to my feet, hissing at anyone who came to close to me, eager to see my friend after such a long time. "Spider!" 

"Bro, you okay?" He asked, ignoring the hands fastened around his arms as I was once again pinned against the floor. "Yeah, great cuz." I breathed out, as Tuk's shouts sounded from behind me. "Never better."