11

"No? He just told me you guys spoke for awhile and you helped him feel better. More understood." I let out a sigh before I smiled at his words, glad that I was rewarded for getting out of my comfort zone. We began to walk to our rock, and I breathed in the salty air.

"I'm glad he's feeling better." It was silent for a moment, before Neteyam spoke up.

"Now enough about my brother-- I've been looking for you everywhere. I need to put you on a leash." The only noise heard after that was the loud sound of skin connecting to skin, and extremely loud and obnoxious laughs.

(FAO SLAPPED HIS HEAD, NETEYAM DIDN'T SLAP HER BUTT?!!😭😭)

FAO's POV

Rain splashed softly against my skin as my ilu slowly made its way to the two tulkun. Neteyam had his arms wrapped around my waist, his body pressed closely to mine-- usually that would send me into a frenzy, but now was not the time. 

My mother quickly jumped of her ilu, her breaths coming in pants as she made her way to the large tulkun, that had birds covering it. My heart dropped at the realisation. She climbed on her fin and stared into her milky, empty eyes as we all watched in silence. 

She looked to her side to see her spirit sisters baby, eyes just as white and empty, a sob racking from her body as her hair stuck to her face and neck. She turned back to her spirit sister, letting out a short scream of agony. 

"Her name, is Roa." My father harshly let out, looking towards Neteyam's parents as he spoke. My mother bowed her head at the tulkun. "She was my spirit sister." I felt Neteyam's dark blue arms wrap around me tighter, as I also bowed my head at Roa. My mothers bond with her and her child was immensely strong, and I couldn't even begin to imagine how she was feeling. 

"She was the composer of songs, we would sing together. She waited many breeding cycles to have this calf. The clan was so happy for her." Her voice was thick with tears, and I felt a lump make its way to my throat at her words. 

"What is this Tonowari?" She asked, and only silenced followed her question. "What is this?" Her scream made me life my head, and I realised I had never seen my mother this sad or hurt before, and it sent a shiver down my spine. I had always seen her carry herself with such grace and strength, and her being in this much pain was foreign to me. 

⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩

"My spirit sister, and her baby have been murdered by the sky people!" My mother yelled, addressing the crowd. I looked across from me to see Neteyam's calm eyes meeting my worried ones. As soon as we were back on land we were separated. The Sully's were in the middle of the crowd, while the rest of the Metkayina surrounded them.