Chapter 243

"What?! Wait until after I give birth?!" Le Yao Yao's mouth twitched. "My body is fine right now! Can't we head down in a few days?"

However, Si Mu Han shook his head. "No, you've just woken up. Your body is still very weak. If we head down in the next few days, you might collapse from exhaustion."

Right now, her best bet was to lie to him so he would take her on a tour to the Capital. Once she is at the Capital, she could secretly run back to Yu's residence. As long she had Yu by her side, she wasn't afraid of anything.

So, Le Yao Yao made a pitiful expression and began to whine cutely, "Si Mu Hannnn, just take me down the mountain...pleaseeeee...."

Initially, she thought this method would be effective. Since Si Mu Han loved his dead wife so much, he obviously wouldn't reject her request, right? However, Si Mu Han looked emotional and depressed.

"Xin'er, I'm your husband!"

"Uh..."

Oh yeah, she shouldn't call him by his name. But she couldn't call him husband either!?!?! Although it was merely a title, it was a big deal to her.

While Le Yao Yao was hesitating, Si Mu Han appeared more distressed. "Xin'er, is it really that hard to call me 'husband'?"

"Umm..." Le Yao Yao began to stutter. But she was afraid to upset Si Mu Han. If he refused her bring her down because of this, that would be bad. So, she awkwardly uttered, "H-husband..."

"Haha! Xin'er finally called me husband! I'm so happy!!"

"So does that mean we can head down the mountain?!"

He should be happy she acknowledged him as 'husband'. So, it should be ok to make this request now, right?

Unexpectedly, Si Mu Han still refused. "No!"

"What?! Y-you...!" Le Yao Yao was so mad that her eyes were bulging. Damn this man!

If he wasn't going to take her down, then he was wasting her time! There was no point in begging anymore. So, without thinking, Le Yao Yao flung off Si Mu Han's hand and stormed out of the house by herself.

It was all icy and silvery outside. Everywhere around her looked unfamiliar. The world was so big, yet there wasn't a place for her.

However, the furious Le Yao Yao didn't care as she continued walking aimlessly. At this moment, Le Yao Yao sensed someone watching her. The person's glare was as sharp as knives!

So, Le Yao Yao trembled and lifted her pupils. She looked around but couldn't see anyone.

Right now, she was standing in front of a forest. Behind her were houses but there was no visible person. Was she hallucinating?

Suddenly, there was a fuzzy ball near where she was. Le Yao Yao rubbed her eyes to focus and realized the fuzzy animal didn't notice her presence. It was a baby fox and it was running around!

Le Yao Yao's eyes lit up. Ever since she was little, she loved animals. She had seen many cats and dogs, but she had never seen a fox before!

It must be so fun to play with! While she was thinking, suddenly a figure in red flashed in front of her. Before Le Yao Yao knew what was happening, the fuzzy animal was placed in her arms.

"Ohhhh!" Le Yao Yao could feel the little fox squirming. She was faced with a pair of black, scared pupils.

"Ahhhh, so adorable!" Le Yao Yao squealed.

The baby fox was probably only a few days old. Its head was so small and its fur was very smooth. The fox had a pointy mouth and ears and a pair of big eyes. It was incredibly cute.