Chapter 220

Le Yao Yao couldn't help but recall what had happened in the afternoon. At the time, she thought Nian Sulan was acting strange. She was so adamant on making Leng Jun Yu drink the pickled plum soup. She must have already spiked the soup and purposely prepared it for him. Then, most likely, she would've somehow tried to get alone time with the King of Hell and "cooked the raw rice".

Obviously, if the Dowager Empress was here as witness, she would never allow her niece to suffer. If Leng Jun Yu had taken her virginity, he would have had no choice but to marry Nian Sulan.

Le Yao Yao quickly connected all the dots together. But she wasn't the only one. Leng Jun Yu also immediately saw through Nian Sulan's plan. He narrowed his eyes and glared at Nian Sulan.

They were actually in the gardens until they heard the horrified scream. Since the Dowager Empress was old, she needed more time to walk. Hence, Leng Jun Yu went ahead and arrived before the rest of the group.

Now, Nian Sulan held onto the Dowager Empress as they walked into the room.

"Yu'er, what happened? Who screamed?" The Dowager Empress asked. She was confused.

Nian Sulan was trying to act concerned as well. She also asked, "Cousin Yu, is something the matter?"

But Leng Jun Yu moved as fast as lightning and violently twisted her wrist. Nian Sulan cried out in pain. "Ah! Cousin Yu, Sulan is in pain! You're hurting Sulan!"

"It's all because of your doing!" He growled.

Nian Sulan had a bad feeling about this. Leng Jun Yu's expression was too fierce. He looked like he was going to murder her. In addition, her wrist felt like it was going to snap.

Seeing this, the Dowager Empress quickly intervened. "Yu'er, please release Lan'er's wrist. At this rate, her wrist will break!" The Dowager Empress didn't want her niece to suffer.

The King of Hell's face was almost black from anger. Le Yao Yao could tell Nian Sulan was in big trouble.

Leng Jun Yu used his finger and scooped out some powder from Nian Sulan's nail. Then, he rubbed his powdered fingers together and coldly laughed, "Wow. Ha, you dared to drug this Prince?"

"C-cousin Yu....." Nian Sulan knew she had been caught. Now, she completely disregarded her wrist pain. In an instant, her face turned all white.

The Dowager Empress noticed this and quickly realized what had happened.

After all, although she may seem like a nice old lady, surviving in the Imperial Palace was no joke. In order to make it to the top, it was survival of the fittest. In her younger years, the Dowager Empress had done and seen all sorts of tricks in order to move up to position of power.

Regardless, she truly loved her niece. Naturally, she would be on her niece's side. The Dowager Empress tried to calm Leng Jun Yu down, "Yu'er, no matter what, please release Yu'er first. At this rate, Lan'er hand will be destroyed..."

"She has already destroyed someone else's life! So what if I break her hand?" Leng Jun Yu roared.

Currently, Nian Sulan was very scared. She had grown up with Leng Jun Yu and clearly knew his temperament. He hated being tricked. But if she had any other choice, she wouldn't have done this.

Ever since she was little, she had invested all her emotions into him. This had never changed.

She thought that as long as she tried her best, Leng Jun Yu would eventually fall for her and marry her. She had been patiently waiting all this time.

But five years had gone by, and their distance was wider than it had ever been. No matter what she did, he wouldn't care.

Her female intuition told her that not only did Leng Jun Yu not like her, he already had feelings for someone else. So out of desperation, she made this move.