━━ THIRTY-TWO

[ act iv - peace for those that earned it ]
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
( waiting for them )

[ act iv - peace for those that earned it ]CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO( waiting for them )

     ALTHEA WAITED SIX LONG MONTHS FOR ANY KIND OF word. Word that Kattegat was okay - if Ubbe and the rest of them were alright. She sighed as she placed her hand on top of her swollen belly, staring out of the great hall. Torsten leaned against a pillar watching her.

They had married within a few weeks of being back home, long before she started to show. Torsten pushed off the pillar he leaned on and walked over to stand behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist, snaking them under her belly. He bent down slightly placing his chin on her shoulder as he used his arms to pick up her belly slightly taking off the weight from her.

"You should not worry, Althea. They will send word." He spoke.

Althea sighed again as the pressure was taken off her back, "I know. I just can not help but worry about them."

"How are you feeling these days? Besides the worry." Torsten whispered.

Althea smiled softly as she placed her hands over his arms. "The usual. I feel that I can not breathe and our child kicks with a might that rivals Thor." She turned her head slightly to look at him. "But I am grateful for all the help you have provided me." She leaned towards his face and rested her forehead against his cheek.

"I promised that I would. That I would try my best for you and our child." He smiled softly. "I do not plan to break it."

They stood like that for a while until they could hear someone screaming from the gates as they ran. Althea's head turned to the noise pulling away from Torsten as she stepped out of the great hall. She watched as the man finally stopped running.

"Princess, riders arrive with a message." He panted as he looked up at her from the ground.

"Send them quickly." She spoke as she looked from the man to the gates. Torsten moved to stand next to her. His hands placed themselves on the hilt of his sword.

Althea saw the riders as they followed the man who came to tell her of their arrival. The men walked up the steps but stopped a few steps away as they bowed to her.

"Princess Althea, we were sent by Prince Ubbe asking for any help that you can provide. The second battle is coming. You were right that Ivar would go to Rollo of Normandy. They ask for reinforcements, any that you can spare." The man spoke as he stood up again.

Althea breathed out as Maximus and Porunn came out of the great hall. "Porunn see to it these men are taken good care of and rested for when they return." She spoke as she motioned for them to follow Porunn.