━━ THREE

[ act i - a legend born for greatness ]
CHAPTER THREE
( death changes you )

     MONTHS HAD PASSED SINCE THE DEATH OF GUNNAR'S mother and since that day he had been training

MONTHS HAD PASSED SINCE THE DEATH OF GUNNAR'S mother and since that day he had been training. Hand-to-hand combat was his favorite, then it was with a bow, and finally with a sword and shield. He was almost too good. Over the past few months, he became stronger, faster, and more deadly. He could now take people down within seconds, someone twice his size would be down on their knees in an instant. His mind always calculating his opponents' next move. With all this training and yet he still was not as good as his princess.

The woman he was indebted to but also the woman he had fallen in love with. Wherever she went he would follow. Gunnar watched his opponent, his hands at the ready, the man thrust a fist in his direction which he dodged. Gunnar placed a hand quickly on the man's shoulder and flipped him and moved quickly away. Causing his opponent's breath to leave his lungs.

As quickly as the fight began it ended. Gunnar offered his hand to his opponent, helping him up. There was a slow clap, Gunnar turned around his eyes landing on Althea as she walked down the steps into the training area. A smirk on her face.

"You have gotten a lot better since the last time I beat you," She spoke, " How about a rematch?" she asked him, raising one of her brows.

"I do not think it wise, Princess," Maximus called after her. He stood above them on a balcony, looking down at them.

"And why not?" She said a smile on her face. "You do not think I can take him?" She questioned staring intently at Gunnar, her smirk reappearing.

"Come on then, Gunnar." She said, raising her hand and motioning him to get on with it.

Gunnar tilted his head, he remembered the last time he was in this situation and he was beaten badly, he did not even last ten seconds. Althea was right he had gotten better and the only way he would find out if he can beat her is if he kept trying.

"As you command, my Princess," Gunnar said raising his fists to cover his face.

Althea smirked as she just stood there watching Gunnar. He slowly approached her, she moved slightly her hands by her sides, walking sideways in a circle. Watching him like prey. Gunnar breathed in deeply closing the gap between them, lunching at her, his fist going for her face.

Althea sidestepped and dodged his fist with ease, he launched another attack trying to catch her off guard. He heard her laugh as she easily turned, she was now facing his back.

"Missed me." She whispered in his ear. Gunnar turned quickly trying to counter his mistake.

She moved out of the way as he turned, her right leg coming up and making contact with his ribcage. He groaned slightly, he had not even laid a single hit. She was taunting him. He lunged at her again and this time she was like a snake. She dodged his arm, her hand gripping his bicep and her foot making contact with his hip. She climbed on him, her legs going around his neck, she swung herself around, throwing him to the ground with her body. She landed on her feet above him.