━━ SIX

[ act i - a legend born for greatness ]
CHAPTER SIX
( a proposition for a princess)

     ALTHEA'S SWORD GLISTENED IN THE MOONLIGHT AS SHE swung her arm down, spinning the sword before switching hands

     ALTHEA'S SWORD GLISTENED IN THE MOONLIGHT AS SHE swung her arm down, spinning the sword before switching hands. Her other hand grabbed her ax and pulled it out of its sheath. Twirling the ax, she blocked with the sword creating a loud clashing noise as she fought with her opponent and threw the ax at a target. The fake wooden crown fell from the targets head. She smiled triumphantly as she knocked her opponent on his back bringing her sword down toward his neck but stopping a millimeter away. The man gulped visibly, his eyes trained on the sword.

"Your king is dead." She spoke, her voice filled with adrenaline. "You would be a terrible guard, Maximus." She finished pulling her sword away as she grabbed his hand and helped him up.

"I can not help it. He would not have survived anyways." Maximus shrugged, "Your aim is getting better with your left hand."

"Practice makes perfect." She said walking over to the target and retrieving her ax. Returning it to its rightful place on her hip. In that instant of silence, Eskel came out of the forest from the path leading back to the village.

"Princess Althea, you are needed back at the village. A prince is here to speak with you." Eskel spoke as he stopped dead in his tracks, before continuing into the training area.

"Thank you, Eskel. You may go." She said turning her back to the two, her white hair seeming to glow in the moonlight.

She watched Eskel leave just as quickly as he came. Althea walked towards Maximus. The Pagan and the Christian began their walk back. An ax in one of her hands and a sword in the other. A sword taken from a king in her last raid, although she could not find his crown.

"So a prince, huh? I wonder who it could be." Maximus said.

"Who knows, nor do I care if a prince steps foot on this land." Althea replied shrugging her shoulders, breathing in deeply. "Do you still believe in your god, Maximus?" She asked him curiously.

"I could ask you the same." He chucked. "I do not doubt that my god is real. He is always there even when you do not want him to be."

"Your god has a plan for everyone right? Why has he not come to your aid to bring you back to your people?" Althea spoke twirling her ax in her hand, around and around, then back around the other way.

"I believe that this is his plan for me. To live with you and your gods. To learn about them and experience your culture. I will always believe in my god but that doesn't mean you have to." He said as he puts his sword back in its sheath. "As I have told you any other time you have asked." He chuckled.