━━ THIRTY-ONE

[ act iv - peace for those that earned it ]
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
( their return )

     ALTHEA'S FEET CARRIED HER UP THE MANY STEPS of the great hall as she rushed up them

     ALTHEA'S FEET CARRIED HER UP THE MANY STEPS of the great hall as she rushed up them. It had been too long since she had last seen her son. She pushed open the huge doors and stepped inside. Her eyes immediately fell of Porunn and Revna. Hakon was playing on the ground with some of the toys she had found in one of Gunnar's chests.

"Hakon." Althea called out as she slowly walked closer, squatting down towards his height.

The small boy looked up and smiled widely, "Mama!" he shouted as he got up and stumbled towards her.

Hakon laughed as he crashed into Althea. Her eyes closed as she held her son tightly in an embrace. She had missed him dearly and could not stop thinking about him. When she opened her eyes a tear fell. She never wanted to leave him again.

"Oh, how I missed you, my love." She whispered, she stood fully as she picked him up, holding him close. She pulled away and kissed his cheek. Hakon rested his head on his mothers chest as she walked toward Porunn and Revna.

They stood when she came in, they were surprised to see her. They thought she might not make it back. Porunn moved around the table and moved to Althea quickly as she wrapped her and her son in a hug.

"I am so happy you came back safely." Porunn spoke as she pulled away, a smile on her face.

"Me too." Althea spoke as Revna walked over. Althea wrapped her in a hug. "And I missed you both dearly."

Revna nodded and smiled softly as they pulled away from each other. Althea placed a hand on Revna's cheek. "Thank you both for caring for Hakon while I was gone." Althea pulled her hand away and shifted Hakon to her other hip as Torsten, Maximus, and Eskel walked in.

Porunn ran over to her husband and hugged him tightly. Revna walked over to Maximus and hugged him, when she pulled away she signed that she missed him. Maximus had created a system just for Revna to communicate with those in Althea's trusted cirlce.

"I missed you too." Maximus smiled down at her. "And I missed your snarky comments the most." Revna made what sounded like a laugh and she moved over to Torsten and patted his arm.

'Thank you for bringing him back.' She signed to him as she gave him a small smile.

"Of course." said Torsten as he looked from Revna to Maximus and then back to her. "You should take him to see the Saxon doctor. He has some injuries that should be looked at."

Revna nodded and pulled Maximus out of the great hall toward the Saxon's hut. Porunn and Eskel made their way out of the great hall as well, hand in hand. Althea knew she was happy to have her husband back.

She finally set Hakon down and he ran over to Torsten. Hugging his leg once Hakon made it to him.

"Orsen." Hakon said a smile on his face. Torsten bent down and picked up the young prince.