Chapter 13

"No, please I'm sorry," I begged him. He didn't listen and slapped me to the ground. "No, please, not again," I whined. "Stop crying, or I'll make you have a reason to cry," he yelled. He dragged me upstairs. "Undress," he said. I did as he said. "You know what to do," he instructed me. I lay down on the bed, and he pulled his pants down.

"Now, be quiet," he said as he put his hands on my mouth. I nodded. He forced himself on top of me and there it began again. When he was finished he kissed my neck and slapped me across my face. "No one will love you like I do," he said with a smirk on his face.

I woke up, all sweaty. My heart pounding in my chest. I looked beside me. Colby was still asleep. I went downstairs to the kitchen to grab a cup of water.

"Do it," the voice in my head said. "You will feel better after. You know it,"

No. I can't do this here. Someone will wake up and see me. I thought to myself as I drank from the cup.

But the thought of it became stronger. And before I know it I looked through the drawers to grab the first knife I could find. I ran to the bathroom downstairs. I began to break down as I sat on the ground, still with the knife in my hand.

"Do it. You know you want to," the voice in my head said again.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I saw my collarbones showing. I took Colby's shirt off and stared at myself. All I could see were all the bones. I couldn't believe what I saw. Every time I looked at myself in the mirror I saw an overweight body, with curves. I guess that was a long time ago.

"Do it. Drag the blade across your skin. Make yourself feel better," the voice said as loud as ever.

I sat on the edge of the bathtub. I looked at the knife in my hand and I started to cry. Tears stream down my face as I took the blade across my skin, just above my hip. It hurt. It hurt so much, but damn it felt good. I watched the blood stream down my hip to my leg. I took the blade and made a few more cuts on my legs and my arms. I couldn't stop myself. It felt so good.

When I saw what I had done, I gasped. The cuts were deep. I looked through the cabinets of the dresser to find bandages. "Found 'em," I whispered to myself. I wrapped my newly made cuts in the bandages and put Colby's shirt back on.

I found my way back upstairs and saw Colby walk out of his room. "Hey, where were you?" he asked. "I was in the kitchen to grab some water," I responded. "You scared me, Hailey," Colby looked worried. "When I woke up, you weren't beside me," he said with tears in his eyes as he hugged me.

"Ouch," I whispered, but Colby heard me. Shit. "What's wrong?" he looked at me confused. When he pulled himself away from our hug, he saw the bandages. "What... Happened?" he stuttered. I looked down at the floor. "What did you do?" he grabbed my chin so I would face him. I had tears in my eyes. "Oh Hailey," he pulled me into a tight hug again.

We went back to Colby's room and sat on his bed. He had tears in his eyes, threatening to fall out. He wiped them away quickly, but I saw. "I'm sorry," I said with a soft voice, unsure of what to say. "I don't understand," he said, far in his thoughts. He pulled me toward his chest and we both lay on his bed crying.