Chapter 8

As we arrived at Colby's place I gasped. "Wow," "Do you wanna go inside?" Colby asked. "Yeah," I said as I got out of the car. We got inside and I got overwhelmed with how big of a place this is. "Wow, this is so big. Do you live here by yourself?" I asked. "No, I live here with the boys. By boys, I mean Jake Webber, Corey Scherer, Elton Castee, Aaron, and of course Sam," He responded. He took me to the living room upstairs. "Wow," I said again. "Do you want something to drink?" Colby offered. "Do you have tea?" I asked. Colby looked confused. "I'm a bit cold," I say as soon as I saw his face.

A few minutes later Colby came back with a nice cup of hot tea. "Thank you," I say. "Do you wanna watch a movie, or listen to music and talk?" he asked. He was so nice to me. "Music and talk? Is that okay?" I ask for confirmation. "Sure," he said and he chuckled. He put on some music in the background. "So what do you wanna talk about?" he asked. "I don't know really," I say very awkwardly. "I want to get to know you better," I said a bit more comfortably. "What do you wanna know about me?" he asked. I chuckled as I started thinking of a question. "How many girls have you been with?" I ask. "One official girlfriend, but it didn't last for longer than a month, unofficial maybe like 4 flings," he answered honestly.

"Okay my turn," he said and chuckled. "Where do you come from?" he asked. "I'm from Oregon," I answer honestly. "Really?" he said like he didn't believe me. "Yeah, I lived there with my parents before they got a divorce," I opened up. "Oh, I'm sorry," Colby said with a sad face. "It's alright it was a long time ago, "I assured him. "Do you have any siblings?" he asked. "No I don't, luckily," I answered. "Why luckily?" he asked. "Let's say my dad wasn't the sweetest," I said and I faced down to the ground. "I'm sorry Hailey," Colby said. He lifted his arm to hug me, but I flinched.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asked as he saw my scared face. "Did your dad beat you?"He asked. I couldn't deny it anymore now. I nodded. Colby sat back with a shocked face. "Hailey, I would never hurt you," he said. "I'm so sorry that happened to you," he said with sadness all over his face. "It's alright," I said softly. I took a deep breath. "But that's not all I went through," I said as I took a sip of my tea that was still too hot to drink.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked. "I don't know, I have a lot of trust issues," I said as I debated on whether I should tell him everything or not. I decided to wait just a little while longer. "It's not because of you, I promise. It has to do with the past and I can't talk about that yet. I'm sorry," I say as I lifted my head just a bit to breathe better. When I looked over at Colby he was stunned, like he couldn't speak.

I drank my tea as he sat a bit closer to me. I leaned on him as I asked "Can we watch a movie? I can't bare these thoughts anymore," As soon as I said that, Colby grabbed the remote and turned on Netflix. We picked out a movie and he laid his arm around me as I lay on his chest. "Hailey?" Colby asked, "Yes?" I responded, still focused on the movie. "I really like you," he said. I didn't believe him, but a part of me wanted to respond that I like him too.

As the movie started to end, I got up from my spot and to my surprise Colby was asleep. He looked really cute. I shook him a bit to wake him up. "What's wrong?" he asked with a rasp in his voice. He was really tired. "The movie ended," I responded. "Oh," he said. He got up and stretched. He was deep asleep and I felt guilty that I woke him up.

He looked at me and saw that I felt bad. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked. "Yeah, I'm fine," I responded, not a word of it true. "Do you want me to take you home?" Colby asked as he saw that I wasn't even a bit close to fine. "Do you want me to go home?" I asked as I turned to face him. "Want me to answer honestly?" he asked. I nodded. "I don't want you to ever leave," he then said. His words surprised me. "I'll text Denice to say that I won't come home tonight," I said, as a smile crept up my face.

When we got to Colby's room, I was stunned by the look of it. Altho it was messy with clothes everywhere on the ground. But I didn't care about that. He sat on his bed with his back to the wall. "Wanna come sit next to me?" he asked. He looked a bit nervous. "Sure," I said as I went to sit on the other side of the bed.

"What do you wanna do?" Colby asked as we sat on his bed for a few minutes, not a word spoken. "I don't know," I said as I felt an heavy weight on my chest. He saw that I was uncomfortable. "Are you sure you are okay?" He asked. I shook my head "No.." with barely any voice. He laid his armes around me and hugged me tight. "It will be okay," he said.