38.

Kenzie

We are outside of the loft now and Paige looks at me "are you sure just showing up with no warning is a good idea?" 

I grin at her "oh P, when have you ever known me to have a bad Idea?"

She laughs "every plan you've ever had on sneaking out when we were in high school" 

I laugh with her "okay point taken... I got us in trouble a lot with those plans. Just stay quiet and wait for my signal when we get up there okay?"

"Which is what?" 

I grinned at her again "Oh, you'll know when you hear it" 

Paige just shook her head at me, "oh that's reassuring Kenz" I bite back my laughter as we walk up to the door, Paige keeping out of direct sight of whoever opens the door.

I knock and a minute later Derek opens the door "Kenzie?" 

I grin at him  "Hi" 

"What are you doing here?" 

"Oh, you know I was in the neighborhood and thought I'd I drop by, are you guys having a pack meeting without me? Damn okay, I'm really feeling loved here guys."

I hear Paige snicker at my rambling and I see Derek try and step past me but I grab his arm "there's nothing out there" I look him in the eyes "these are not the droids you're looking for"

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Paige doubled over holding back her laughter "you're being really weird Kenzie."

 I push past him into the loft still holding his arm and dragging him with me "I'm not being weird you're being weird"

Scott looks at me "I said to call you but Lydia said you were busy, she said something about a surprise" 

I grin "okay for reals though I'm kinda happy I wasn't told because let me tell you I just got the surprise of a lifetime which by the way is why I've been grinning like this for the past half hour, which also brings me to why I dropped by to see you Sour Wolf."

Then right on cue, Paige walks in "oh my god Kenz I guarantee that you looked at your wrist when you said the past half hour, and you're not even wearing a damn watch and that whole Star Wars thing was beautiful" 

I smirk "see I told you, you'd know the signal when you heard it and I am not good under direct pressure you know this better than anyone else P... They grow up so fast" I wipe a fake tear off my cheek.

Everyone is staring at us, the kiddies not knowing who Paige is and Derek looks pale in the face like he just saw the ghost of his dead girlfriend... Oh, wait that's probably what he thinks.

I wave my hand in front of Derek's face as he is just starting wide-eyed at Paige, who gives me a devious look before looking back at Derek "stop staring at me Derek before I punch you"

With that I double over in laughter "oh my god P, you had to go, there didn't you?" she nods at me laughing just about as hard as I am right now.

Derek is looking between the two of us "What?" I bit my lip as he continues to look between Paige and I "Huh?"

Paige looks at me "well would you look at that Kenz... I don't think I've ever seen him this speechless..." 

I pull myself together and throw my arm over Paige's shoulder "you know now that you mention it neither have I, I mean"

"How?" and of course, the one-word answer came from Derek... man I should have had my camera out to capture the moment she walked in and he saw her but we can't change that now.

I look at P "I think we broke him" 

She snorts "yep seems like it Kenz" then we high-five like this is a normal afternoon for us... Oh, wait it was.

Scott speaks up for the first time reminding me that there were other people here to witness Derek being speechless and confused "what is going on here?"

I grin looking at my little brother "well Scotty let me introduce you to someone this is Paige...... she was my best friend since we were tiny little babies then our sophomore year something happened, and she went away for a while, but I got her back today" 

I look at Lydia "that surprise Lyds was talking about was her, I was not excepting it at all and I may have cried"

Paige nods "she did... she cried, but then again so did I" 

"We stood there for like five minutes just hugging in tears together"

Lydia smiles at me "that was really sweet" 

I bite my lip and grin back at her "I know... It was a surprise that I am actually happy about, I literally have not stopped smiling"

I walk over to Derek and I pinch his arm and smack the back of his head which snaps him out of it "What the hell Kenz?" 

I shrug "I didn't see any other way to bring you back to the present, you were staring off into space all confused and speechless and it was beautiful"

"it was so beautiful it almost brought Kenz to tears" 

I snort "I wouldn't go that far Paige okay it wasn't that beautiful" I look at everyone else in the room "you guys can go now... this might take a while"

After a moment of hesitation everyone besides, Derek, Paige, and I leave the loft.

I clap my hands together "now that the kiddies are gone, we can finally talk" Derek looks at us "how is this possible?" I look at him "I don't know the details about the how... just that it's real and she is really here and alive...... she's a werewolf now though"

Paige looks at me "I didn't tell you that?" 

I smirk at her "I can smell it on you babe, but you also said you were transitioning into one when you died so I kind of put the pieces together as well," and I flash my eyes at her. 

Paige nodded "ahhhh I see now, I didn't know about this"

Derek looks at her "What happened?" 

Paige sighs "after I died, I woke up in a sense I could see and hear everything going on around me, but nobody could see or hear me no matter how loud I was nobody could hear me... I was confused I didn't know what was happing and I saw your mom over there" 

Derek looks at her "you saw my mom?" 

"Yeah, she talked to me... said she was sorry that this happened to me... that was the only time she spoke to me, but I saw her a few times and I saw Laura too, she told me all about after you and her left Beacon Hills."

"What is that place?" 

"The lady that came to me said it was called the other side and it's where supernatural people go when they die if they have unfinished business. The lady said she could bring me back and I didn't hesitate, I wanted out of there... To not be alone anymore."

I look at Paige "she was a witch... it's the only way she could have done what she did" 

Derek looks at her "you're really here?" 

Paige smiles at him and steps towards him "I'm really here Der."

---
Okay guys I kinda wants to give Derek a chance to talk to his mom and Laura, like a chance to say goodbye to them because he never got to in the actual show.