34.

Kenzie

Bex smirks "it was a second-story window too... I thought he was going to kill you for it" I grin at her "well he probably would have if I had been anyone else, but did he really want to deal with the two of you ganging up on him about it because you both love me?"

She nods "well okay I'll give you that one Kenz, but you have a point" my little brother looks at me "you pushed him out of a second-story window?"

I hear Lyds laugh as I am attacked by a flash of strawberry blonde "who'd you push out a second-story window?" I grin and hug her back "Kol and Bekah's brother Nik"

She pulls back "why did you push him out of the window?" I grin at her "well he was in one of his moods and I was in a bad mood that day so I snapped at him and told him to stop being such a condescending asshat and that he needed to calm his ass down he looked at me as if challenging me and said 'oh yeah?' and I said yeah, then I shoved him backwards a little harder than necessary and he flew through the window"

Malia smirks "nice!" Stiles looks at her "no Malia.... Shoving people through windows is not nice" Kira smiles at me "I'm not even surprised that you did that" I grin at my girls "I'm surprised that any of you are shocked that I pushed someone through a window"

Lydia looks at Scott "Kenzie has a point it shouldn't be a surprise that her temper flared like that" I smirk at him "yeah Scotty it shouldn't be a surprise that my temper flared like that"

I grin looking at Lydia "now Lyds imma need you to take some deep breaths for me... can you do that babe?" she nods "yeah... why?" I smirk "just do it" she nods and does as I say "okay now ladies... I wanna introduce you to Rebekah and Kol"

Lydia turns to look at me smiling really wide "finally" she steps towards the two "Hi... I'm Lydia Martin" then she gets into business mode narrowing her eyes at Kol "if you hurt Kenzie I will ruin you.... Kenzie is like my older sister... you've been warned" and then just like that she's smiling again.

Bex and Lydia start talking and just as I predicted they clicked fast.... Because they have a lot of things in common.

After everybody else leaves I look at Scott "is mom working the night shift tonight?" he nods "yeah... so you probably won't see her until tomorrow" "alright"

Scott goes up to his room I smirk at Kol and Bex "Well that was fun" Kol smirks at me "your little red headed friend that was a ballsy thing for her to do, threatening an Original"

I smirk back at him "one she's strawberry blonde and two... Lydia means well I used to babysit her when she was a toddler... hell I've babysat most of the teenagers in this town when they were toddlers, so they all have this protective thing about me"

He smiles "it was cute.... That she cares enough about you to do that" I give Kol a smirk "oh you haven't even met my actual best friend yet... ohhh that will come tomorrow along with meeting my mother"

We walk up stairs I show Bex the guest room she'll be sleeping in and I lead Kol into my room because you know that is where he will be sleeping.

I grab my phone "make yourself comfortable I am going to be right back I gotta change"

I garb my clothes and my phone and walk into my bathroom.

Once I change I shoot Kai a text

*****

Yo I got someone for you to meet tomorrow if you can

Sociopathic Bestie😈:

Ohhhh am I finally going to get meet the mysterious Kol I've heard so much about?

Yes Kai you get to meet Kol tomorrow... But it'll be after Mama meets him

Sociopathic Bestie 😈:

Ohhh it must be serious if your introducing him to Mama McCall

It's pretty damn serious Kai... Just know that he's an Original so try to push it to far with the whole protective best friend thing

Sociopathic Bestie 😈:

And I'm a Heretic but fine for you I'll dial it back because he's obviously important to you

Thank you... I gotta go now but I'll talk to you tomorrow

Sociopathic Bestie 😈:

Alright bye Kenz

****

I walk back out if the bathroom to find Kol just lounging on my bed looking through one of my old scrapbooks form when I was in school.

I sit down beside him and he glances up any me then back down at the book "whose this in almost all of these pictures with you?"

I point to the girl "the girl that's Paige and the guy is Derek... They were my best friends when I was in school at first it was just me and Paige then Derek started hanging around and we the three musketeers, you rarely found one without the other, and then Derek and Paige started dating."

"How come you've never mentioned them before?" 

"Well, Paige died... And after her death, Derek and I drifted apart" 

"What happened?" 

"Animal attack or at least that's what they said but I know what really happened Derek told me... he thought I deserved to know what really happened to my best friend... She got bit and her body rejected the bite so Derek killed her to put her out of her misery... She asked him to take away her pain and he did but after that, we just drifted apart because I couldn't look at him without remembering what happened to Paige."

Kol smiles down at me pulling me into his lap pushes the photo album away "you miss her don't you?" 

I let out a breath and nod "Yeah it's been years and I still miss her like it happened yesterday"