37.

Kenzie

Bekah and I just left the mall because it was time for my surprise from Kol which I am still skeptical about for the single fact that I hate surprises. She blindfolded me when we got in the car I guess so I can't see where she was taking me.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think she was taking me somewhere to kill me but I know Bekah wouldn't do that.

"why the hell am I blindfolded?" 

I can hear the smirk in her voice "because Kol doesn't want you to see it before, the time is right so I blindfolded you" 

"I feel like you're taking somewhere to get murdered, I mean I know you're not but that's how I feel when I'm blindfolded and don't know where we're going"

She laughs "just relax Kenz this is Kol here and he wouldn't do anything that would hurt you... I mean ever, he's crazy about you... completely head over heels and I know that you are just as crazy about him as he is about you."

"I know that I just hate surprises, I have ever since I was little. I don't have a legitimate reason I've just hated them since I was little" 

"Well I don't even know what it is, but it won't be a surprise much longer because we are almost there."

We ride in a comfortable silence for the rest of the car ride then I feel the car come to a stop and my door opens "Alright Kenz... I've got you" I hear Kol's voice as he helps me out of the car "you can go now Bekah I've got It from here" I hear the car drive off leaving just Kol and I.

"This better be good or so help me god you will owe me big time" 

"You will love this Kenz I promise you, it'll make you happy" 

"We will see about that" 

"Oh yes, we will." He takes my arm and leads me where ever the hell this surprise is. We come to a stop a few minutes later "okay you are about to see your surprise, close your eyes I'm going to take the blindfold off" I let out a sigh and close my eyes I feel the blindfold come off "now keep them closed until I say so."

"Oh my god just let me open my eyes and see your big surprise."

"okay in 3,2,1 you can open them now" I open my eyes and as my vision comes into focus I see the last person I thought I'd ever see "Paige?" I can feel the tears in my eyes she smiles back at me with the same teary-eyed look "Kenz"

I run over to her and hug her "oh my god Paige" I now feel the tears running down my face, but they are happy tears because somehow my best friend is standing in front of me. 

She hugs me back "your boyfriend over there made this possible"

I pull back "how did you know about that?" 

She smiles "I've been watching over you... it's pretty much all I've had to do, well besides watching my family and Derek" 

"But how?" 

"Well, the woman that brought me back said it was because I was transitioning into a werewolf when I died that I was in some place called the other side... But no one could see or hear me over there well besides other people over there, I've only seen two people in my time over there, Talia and Laura."

"Derek's mom and sister?" 

She nods "yeah they both talked to me, Laura told me about her and Derek's time in New York after the fire and Talia apologized about Peter convincing Derek to have me bitten, it wasn't Derek's fault he was a naive kid thinking that Peter was telling the truth."

I look away from her over to Kol with a smile on my face as I walk over to him "you did this for me?" 

He smiles "of course I did darling... You were sad, and I wanted to make it better"

I wrap my arms around him "thank you... you just gave me, my best friend back" 

Kol grabs my chin "I love you so much that I would do anything to make you happy Kenzie, even giving you, your best friend back"

"I love you too Kol." 

He smiles at me "now go on you two have some catching up to do I'll see you tonight." 

I pull him into a kiss "I'll see you tonight"

Then he leaves me alone with Paige, she smiles "he really loves you Kenz, I just met him an hour ago and I can tell" 

I smile at her "I love him, I mean I never loved anyone like I do him"

"How did you meet him?" 

"Well that is a funny story it was about a year ago... my brother got a new phone and when he gave me the number he put it in wrong and I ended up texting Kol instead of Scott and we just started talking from there, we talked for six months before we ever even met in person, like we talked on the phone and on video chat and texted for six months before I flew out to Virginia so we could meet"

"I'm not even surprised that you were the one to take action to set up the meeting" 

"Well we had been talking for six months and I knew I was falling for him so I had to meet him before I fell completely and maybe realized that he wasn't what I thought but, he's so much better than what I thought and I would not change anything about how we met or about us... Speaking of relationships... we have to tell Derek about you, he's going to flip his shit, but in the end, he deserves to be happy too and the last time that boy well I guess man now was truly happy was back when he was with you."

Paige laughs "well that is going to be a fun conversation to have." 

"I might just video his reaction because you know it'll be hilarious to see mister tall dark and broody speechless" 

"Mister tall dark and broody? Oh my god, I love it." I link arms with her and we start walking in the direction of Derek's loft.

***
Kenzie and Paige have reunited and in the next update Kenzie is going to reunite Paige and Derek it's going to be so cute and sweet and I'm thinking that Kenzie and Paige show up in the middle of a pack meeting.