35.

Third Person

Kol looks down at the sleeping girl in his arms smiling softly at the girl that in just a few short months made him fall head over heels in love with her.

He would do anything for her to make her happy, to see that smile light up on her face which is why he's been thinking about what she told him last night and he wants to give Kenzie her best friend back because he hates to see her in pain like she was talking about Paige.

Now he just needs to find a witch willing to do this for him.

Kenzie

I wake up feeling Kol's arms wrapped around me and I remember that I told him about Paige last night... I haven't told anyone about Paige in well ever Kol is so easy to talk to and that's one of the things I love about him.

I can literally tell him anything and he'll just sit there and listen.

I feel Kol run his fingers through my hair "are you okay?" 

I smile up at him "yeah... I just usually never talk about Paige... I lost my best friend that night and it just still hurts to talk about, I was 15, and Paige and I were practically always together joined at the hip pretty much since birth, and then suddenly she was gone and I didn't know what to do because she was the one I confided in about everything... most girls my age had a diary, I had Paige she knew all my secrets and I knew all of hers."

He smiles at me "I'm sorry you had to go through that Kenzie" 

I smile and grab his face and kiss him "Yeah me too... now I am going to go get ready Mama should be up soon" he pulls me back and kisses me again "okay"

I get up and get some clothes together and I walk into my bathroom. I take a shower and after I'm done I get dressed and I run my fingers through my wet hair wiping the steam away from the mirror.

I should go by and take some flowers and put them on Paige's grave... I haven't been there in ages. I used to go just to talk to her even though I knew she couldn't even hear me or reply it was just how I coped with her death.

I walk out of the bathroom showered and dressed with a smile on my face "it's your turn... I'mma go and see if mama is up yet and I'll come back and get you" "okay darling... will you send Bekah in here on your way down? I need to talk to her about something" "sure thing"

I walk out of my room and as I pass the guest room I stick my head in "hey Bex" 

"Hey, Kenz what's up?" 

"Kol wants to see you in my room... something he needs to talk to you about" she nods "alright I'll be right over then"

After that, I walk downstairs to see mama at the kitchen counter a coffee cup sitting beside her... I quietly creep up behind her "Hey Mama" she jumps and turns around "Makenzie Marie... you know better than to sneak up on me"

Then she hugs me "sorry Mama the opportunity just presented itself" she pulls back "look at you... you look happy" I grin at her "I am... Really happy" 

"I'm glad I haven't seen you this happy in years... so did you bring him for me to meet?"

"Yes Mama... he's upstairs getting ready... figured we could catch up a bit while he was getting ready and then I'll go and get him and bring him down... his sister came with us too"

So, I sit there talking to my mama for a few minutes to give Kol time to get ready and talk to Bex about whatever he wanted to talk to her about. "Alright I'm going to go get him"

Mom smiles "okay sweetheart"

I walk upstairs, and Bekah is coming out of my room as I reach the top of the stairs "Kenz you and I hanging out today... we can do whatever you want" 

I give her a look "what is Kol planning?" 

She shrugs "I honestly don't know just that it's a surprise for you... he just asked me to keep you busy for a while so he could set up a surprise for you"

"I hate surprises and your brother knows that."

She shrugs "oh well now I am going to go and meet your mom while you get Kol." 

"Alright I told her you were here too" she nods and heads downstairs.

I walk into my room "what is this I hear about a surprise... You know I hate surprises" 

Kol just smirks at me "Kenz I promise that you will love this one okay? Just humor me? Please?" I let out a sigh "fine but if I hate it... you owe me something I don't know what yet, but you will owe me" he smiles down at me "deal"

"Mama is ready to meet you... Bekah just went down a minute ago to meet her" 

"Okay then lead the way darling" he follows me out of the room and downstairs.

I see Bekah and Mama chatting away as we walk up I smile "Mama... This is Kol... Kol this is my Mama Melissa McCall" 

Mama smiles at him, "it's nice to finally meet you... I've heard so much about you."

"Mama!" she just ignores me, and her face turns serious and she is going into Mama Bear mode... which is one of her scary modes if you are on the receiving end of it.

"Now I'm going to get right to the point here Kenzie is my only daughter, my baby girl ... so just don't hurt her" okay that wasn't as bad as I was thinking it was going to be.

Kol looks at her with that charming easy-going smile "I would never dream of hurting her... she's too important to me"

Mama nods then smiles at him, "good... now I have errands to run but you kids have fun"

After Mama leaves Kol smiles at me "Alright now I am going to set up your surprise I'll text Bekah where to bring you when it's finished" then he kisses me.

I pull back "okay" and then he leaves.

I turn to Bekah "okay there is something I need to do before we head out... I'll meet you at the mall and we can do some shopping. I'll text Lydia and get her to meet us there she loves shopping"

---
Awwh Kenzie told Kol more about her friendship with Paige and Mama McCall finally met Kol and next chapter we get to see Kol's surprise and Kenzie, Lydia, and Bekah bonding.