[Chapter 8]

The weekend approached quicker than I'd like. And, with my spontaneous anger outbursts, it hasn't exactly been a great week. After a long day of classes, I slumped down at my desk and began to do my homework.

It wasn't really hard because I have, what the Muggles call, photographic memory. All I had to do for Dueling was to learn new spells but at this point, I've read every spell book in the Ivory Towers. The only thing that I really had was Herbology. I had to explain why it was important for someone to hold a Mandrake leaf in their mouth for a month if they wanted to become an Animagus. Huh. This was more my field of expertise.

It didn't take me long to finish the paper. When I looked at the time on my Muggle clock, an antique from my trip Paris, the time was eight thirty.

The thing about the Ivory Towers was that there was random exits that lead outside from extreme heights. These exits were mainly for students who mastered flying. Luckily for me, I mastered it in my third year. I went into the hallway towards the nearest exit.

"Where do you think you're going?"

I whipped my head around to find Alex and Lewis standing behind me. "I'm going to Hogwarts," I replied.

"We're coming with you," Lewis insisted. I rolled my eyes.

"You guys aren't going to let this go, are you?"

"No," they said simultaneously. I sighed.

"Come on. We're flying," I said as I turned towards the door. As soon as I opened it, a burst of icy cold air greeted me. "How pleasant." 

All three of us jumped out of the door, flying. To others, I looked like a trail of black smoke. I transmitted my thoughts into their heads.

Split up. I'll go to the courtyard, I transmitted.

I'll go to the Forbidden Forest, Alex responded telepathically.

I'll check on Professor Umbridge, Lewis replied after him.

Alex's grey smoke trail went of to the Forbidden Forest while Lewis electrical light trail went into one of the high towers of Hogwarts.

I took a dive towards the courtyard. As soon as I landed in the courtyard I heard footsteps.

"Stupefy!" 

I blocked the harmless spell away with my fingers. The voice belonged to the famous Harry Potter. I turned to him.

"Sorry," he apologized. He rubbed the back of his neck. "I thought you were a Deatheater."

"He probably is," a new voice said. Ronald Weasley stepped out of the shadows. I felt another anger outburst coming.

"What do you want Weasley?" I said aggressively. He rolled his eyes.

"For you to leave," he snapped. It was my turn to roll my eyes.

"What have I ever done to you?" I asked. 

"You have dark energy billowing off of you, that's what," he replied. "You remind me of You-Know-Who." 

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" I asked to nobody in particular.

"Okay, okay," Harry butted in. "Calm down, guys."

I simply snorted in brushed past him, my silver cloak swishing behind me. I took out my wand and pointed at myself.

"Entomorphis," I muttered. I felt dragonfly wings sprout out of my back, tearing through my cloak. I flew above the castle towards the Dementors. It opened its mouth and tried to suck the soul out of me when I spoke in its language.

"Have you seen anything strange?" I asked it. It shook its cloaked head. I flew over to another Dementor. Same response. I eventually flew around to every Dementor and got nothing. I sighed and undid the dragonfly wing charm. I fell a very long way, but I landed nimbly on my feet at the entrance to the Forbidden Forest. I saw a lion with two different colored eyes come out.

"Did you find anything?" I asked Alex. He morphed back into a human. He shook his head. "Dumbledore is so vague. He just said to look for anything weird or consult Umbridge. This guy is starting to piss me off." Alex laughed at my remark.

Hello, Kylan, a voice in my head said, scaring the living magic out of me. I whipped my head around trying to find anyone who said something.

"Kylan?" Alex asked. His face then dropped into one of shock. "Dude, your eyes." I looked at him with confusion. I conjured a mirror. I almost yelped when I saw my reflection.

Firstly, my once bright green eyes had turned into a cool shade of purple. It looked like the galaxy. The other thing that shocked me was that the front strip of my black hair had turned stark white. My pale skin had somehow gotten a shade paler.

"Am I..." I looked down at my crest. It seemed to be glowing. When I tried to rip the crest off, my ring tightened around my finger. I yelped as I looked at my bruised finger. The Deathly Hallows symbol also seemed to glow.

"You okay?" Alex asked me. I nodded and winced at the same time. The voice in my head chuckled. You can't get rid of me that easily, it said.

Shut up, I replied. I walked over to the entrance of the castle. I took my wand out and pointed it at my throbbing finger. "Sine Sensu."

The pain immediately disappeared along with all my tension and panic. I straightened my back as the soothing, numb feeling spread across my body. I finally realized that my cloak was torn. I snapped my fingers and it repaired.

I entered the castle. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going because I bumped into another figure. I looked up to find another silver cloaked figure.

"Oh, hey Kylan," it was the one and only Hermione Granger.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"I'm visiting Ron."

Suddenly she noticed my new appearance. "Oh my goodness, Kylan. What on Earth happened to you?"

She inched dangerously close to me. She took her hand and touched the white streak in my hair. Oh my gosh, this girl does not give you your personal space, the voice said.

"Shut up," I snapped aloud. Hermione backed away from me.

"What?"

"I wasn't talking to you," I growled. I turned and stalked away. 

"What's wrong with you?" Hermione asked behind me.

"Nothing," I replied. I tried to turn into a wolf but my once shorter canines sank into my gum. I yelped and immediately turned back into a human. I expected my mouth to be filled with blood but it felt like my gash had healed. I conjured a mirror. My teeth looked perfectly normal.

Oh my god, Kylan, how clueless can you get? The voice said again. 

What's happening to me?

Isn't it obvious? I'm a monster and you picked up my crest. Like it or not, you're now part monster.

WHAT?