An unexpected sleepover

Meanwhile~

"Uh, so-..." Willow fiddled with his fingers, "Thank god it all worked out somehow."

"Yeah..." Charlie looked down at his hands. "It could've been better, though. I got nervous and messed things up-"

"No, no! You were awesome!" Willow cried, flapping his hands in denial. He blushed, "I mean... You made me proud. Like, it felt good. You know, it was like, that's my boyfriend. I know it might sound strange, but... You're so good, sometimes, I just couldn't help but want to show you off and tell everyone that a person so great is mine. I'm like, so lucky to have you."

Charlie didn't know what to say. He felt warm inside, happiness filling him. Every bit of anxiety or nervousness vanished, replaced by pure bliss. Willow says he's lucky, but Charlie knows that in reality, the lucky one is him to have someone like Willow by his side.

When the others didn't return after some time, Willow wondered, "What's keeping them for so long?"

Adelia plopped on the couch beside Charlie as she looked through her phone. She didn't look up and answered, "I dunno. Oh, there they are."

She glanced at Robert as he led a disoriented woman there. Alex followed close behind, a boy and girl beside him.

Adelia internally smiled. Oh, all wasn't lost yet! Her revenge... It can still be taken! Sure enough, God is still 'somewhat' fair!

Adele drunkenly waved her somewhat limp hand and slurred, "Hello! my son's white moonlight. Hi, my daughter's childhood crush. Oh, Claude's love rival is here too." [White moonlight is slang for unattainable crush.]

She seemed to have a low tolerance and collapsed on the couch soon after saying that.

"-She passed out," Alex released a breath, "Finally, no nonsense."

Claude clenched his fist as he looked at Charlie's smiling face. He asked, "Uncle. Why is he here?"

"Who? Charlie?"

"Yes," He put on a facade and smiled, "Don't get me wrong, I'm just wondering what he's doing here at this late hour."

"We had dinner together," Robert smiled simply, "We wanted to know more about the person Will's dating."

"Not for long, I hope,'' Claude muttered to himself, his gaze turning increasingly hostile.

Robert didn't hear him. "What?"

"Nothing, nothing. I was just saying, that's good. After all, it's necessary to make sure whether this guy deserves Will or not. Although, I'm pretty sure that someone like him could never be good enough for our Willow."

Charlie finally couldn't hold it in. He forced a smile and asked sarcastically, "Then, what type of person will be most suitable for Willow in your opinion, Mr. Laurent?"

Claude didn't reply, silently glaring at him. They were engaged in a heated stare battle as both refused to look away and admit defeat.

Willow noticed the impending disaster and tried to intervene, "Hey, Claude, Charlie, should we, uh... Watch a movie or something?"

"I mean, it's not the time to sleep yet and it might be boring to just sit here."

He glanced at Robert for support. Robert understood his message and agreed, "Yes, yes. You guys can watch a movie or play games if you like. Charlie, since it's late, just sleep here. Claude and Louise, you guys are also staying, right? Your mother doesn't look like she's getting up anytime soon."

He glanced at Adele unsurely, "She doesn't seem like she's returning tonight and what would you guys do in an empty house? Just stay over."

"That's quite alright," Claude smiled, "After all, we used to do it all the time before." He smirked, looking at Charlie mockingly, "Unlike a certain someone."

Louise didn't show much of a reaction and simply nodded. Her arms were on Adelia's as she almost stuck to the other girl, simply staring at her. Unlike before, Adelia wasn't uncomfortable with the other girl's gaze, calmly scrolling through her phone like nothing was wrong.

Willow thought to himself, "This should be un-conflicting enough, I hope." Although he thought that, past experiences gave him a feeling that his hope will soon be crushed. He knew this wouldn't end peacefully; it never does.