Adelia's plan for revenge

"Will..." Charlie trailed off, awed. "You look beautiful."

Willow blushed at the sudden compliment. He awkwardly scratched his face replied, "Uh, thanks, Charlie. You look really handsome too."

Charlie was even more surprised by his words. Although people looked up to him as perfect, he was rarely ever openly complemented. He rubbed the back of his head and looked elsewhere before saying, "Oh! Thanks... I guess."

"It's only the truth," Willow muttered sheepishly, almost to himself. The red on Charlie's cheek got even wilder as he blushed at the compliment, at a loss of words.

"Hah, you guys done with your sappy shit?" Adelia rubbed her ear boredly, "Seriously, I get that dog food's good and all for us single people, but we need real food too. Let's go to the table?"(For readers who don't know, dog food is slang for couples showing off their affection to single people.)

Charlie glared at her but didn't retort. He glanced at the shorter boy beside him before asking softly, "Let's go?"

Willow took Charlie's outstretched hand and smiled. "Yeah... Let's go."

"You guys walking to the altar or something?" Adelia flicked her hair and rolled her eyes, "So dramatic."

Don't get her wrong, she's still a fujoshi! It's just that... These two were being so sweet nowadays, they're stealing the spotlight from her! And the one thing Adelia absolutely can't stand is her spotlight being stolen!

"Don't mind her. My sister is a little broken in the head," Willow jokingly pointed to his own head as he whispered.

Charlie laughed too, "I know. Still, we shouldn't insult the mentally impaired."

"Ah, yes. Let's be more careful next time," Willow chuckled.

Adelia heard every word since these two weren't even trying to be discreet. She got angry and was about to say some shit back when their dad called.

"Adelia! Come, lead the guest here! Where are you guys?"

She hurriedly shouted, "Coming, dad!" Turning to the two lovebirds, she said, "Well, shall we go now if you're done being lovey-dovey?"

Willow didn't get mad at her. Instead, he smiled, "Alright, alright. We know you're jealous, Adel."

He smirked as he passed her and led Charlie to the dining room, "-But don't show your jealousy too much, alright? After all, single dogs will always be jealous. It's a well-known fact."

"... Will, you're going regret it." She warned, "You commented on my relationship status. You know that's off limits."

Willow was feeling a little mischievous today. He grabbed Charlie's hand and scooted closer to him, as if to show him off. "Why, you mad? Angry that I can get a boyfriend and you can't?"

Adelia didn't reply. She just smiled, the real feeling behind those curved lips being very different from what they visually conveyed. "No, I'm certainly not angry or distressed, but you'll surely be since you provoked me, dear brother."

Willow was happy that Charlie didn't flinch when he came closer to him. Wow, such progress. Should he be a little bolder?

He leaned on Charlie's chest. Charlie's face blushed red in response, but he still didn't back away or voice any objections.

He got flustered and not knowing what to do, did the one thing he excels most at, that is, insulting Adelia. "You bug, dare to make a move and see what'll happen to you."

"Don't bother with her." Willow said carelessly, "Let's go. She's just saying nonsense. It's not like she can actually do anything."

Wow, he dares to be so extra shitty today. Was that because he had the male lead tamed and ready at his beck and call? He thinks he's all that now and even dares to provoke her.

Adelia somehow kept it all in and turned away before walking out of the lobby and slamming the door on her way out. "I'm going to the bathroom!"

Willow just shrugged before going to Charlie's side. He intertwined their hands and looked at him reassuringly. His eyes assured Charlie that it'll all be all right, easing some of his nervousness.

Together, they walked through the door, nothing but pure affection shining in their eyes. Whatever the obstacles may be, they'll overcome it together!

The girl looked in the mirror, smiling in satisfaction. Her hair was pulled in a messy bun, light brown strings hanging around her neck. Her evening dress looked particularly beautiful under the soft yellow bathroom light, making it shine with a golden glimmer.

"Willow, oh my dear Willow..." She laughed evilly, "Let's see how you deal with this! The second male lead at a family dinner... Oh god, I can already smell the drama. You messed with the wrong person, dear."