The mystery of the 'lost' book

"Please choose your seats. However, if I receive complaints of excessive talking, I will not hesitate to place you in an arrangement you'll surely not like," Ms. Wells concluded with a warning smile.

Adelia looked around to scan the room for empty seats. As the rule for stereotypical novels goes, the main character always sits next to the male lead. Ah, a seat just happened to be empty there.

Quickly walking towards it, she declared, "Willow, you sit there."

Saying the whole class was shocked might be an understatement. Even Ms. Wells was surprised as Adelia offered that seat to her brother. Well, even she thought that the only reason this good-for-nothing pretty girl is changing classes is because of a crush.

Nothing could top the surprise and sadness of the poor extra Cassandra though.

Willow hesitated but on seeing Adelia's murderous expression, quickly shuffled over. Only after confirming that he properly sat down and claimed that seat as his did Adelia go to her own seat.

Gracefully setting down her backpack, she flicked her hair and sat down. One could almost see yellow light shining and flowers blooming around her. Willow swore if he didn't know who the main characters were, even he would've assumed Adelia to be the female lead due to all her attention-seeking techniques.

Coughing lightly, Ms. Wells broke the atmosphere as she glanced at her wristwatch, "The homeroom period is almost over. I assume you guys have settled down?"

She looked approvingly at Willow who was putting textbooks under his desks and organizing his stuff. Her gaze turned disdainful when she saw Adelia take a selfie, her bag abandoned in a corner.

Not bothering with her anymore, she quietly left. What else did she expect from a girl with nothing but face value anyway?

The first two classes passed without any incident. If you don't count Adelia asking why was math so hung up on their ex, that is. Their math teacher was also very timid and didn't even speak up in front of students. Poor guy was so shocked that he didn't speak for the rest of the period and just silently left when the bell rang. The whole class fake laughed at her horrible joke because who would dare oppose the goddess?

If Willow had a cent for every time he rolled his eye at her behavior, he'd be wealthier than Charlie.

Lunch break came and went. Now, it was time for the last subject of the day, history. It was taught by Ms. Wells, their homeroom teacher. When she entered, her eyes immediately landed on Willow and Adelia. Smiling kindly, she again nodded approvingly when she saw him reaching out for his book.

Her expression changed once again as her eyes landed on Adelia. It looked like she had heard of the mathematics incident as she clicked her tongue disdainfully at her.

"Quiet down! Now, to the ones joining us today, I do not tolerate any inappropriate behavior. Even if there's something you think is funny and feel the undeniable urge to mention it, please don't."

Adelia was somewhat taken aback. She too realized who Ms. Wells was pointing to and promptly sat a little straighter.

Ms. wells started teaching. All of them opened their books as she began to randomly choose a student to read the paragraph. As fate would have it, out of all students, it was Willow who struck misfortune. "Willow Astor, stand up and read."

Her gaze and words were sharp, making him shiver slightly. "O-one moment-" He stuttered, "My book.....My book doesn't seem to be in my bag-" He nervously shuffled through his bag, scared of the incoming scolding.

A look of pure horror dawned on his face as Willow realized he forgot his book. But he remembered keeping it last night.....Where did it go? This teacher was already known to be quite strict in general, god knows what she would do to him.

Fortunately, she didn't get too angry and instructed, "No need to be so nervous, Mr. Astor. Borrow one from your seatmate."

Borrow from his seatmate? They've been sitting together for a whole day and hadn't even talked once! Plus, he even spilled food on him before! How did she expect him to 'borrow' something from this ice-block?!