A mentally impaired comic relief character?

Adelia was still immersed in cursing Louise and didn't reply. Bending over, Louise lightly waved her hands to get the other girl's attention. "Classmate?"

Adelia was startled but soon regained her composure and straightened her back. Making a cold and elegant expression, she coughed lightly, "Oh, I didn't hear your voice, 'dear' classmate. I mean, it was so..." She trailed off, eyeing the other girl with a mocking gaze.

Not only was Louise not angry, but she even smiled a bit and encouraged Adelia to continue, "How was my voice?"

Adelia secretly smirked. Oh, this girl was so dumb. She can't even tell she's being insulted? Seems like her character didn't have much experience in anything except plotting evil schemes.

Adelia made a pained expression like she really was unwilling to say it. "It might make you a little sad, Miss Louise."

Pretty much the whole class knew what was going to happen now. Normally, Ms. Wells would've stepped in by now, but she let them be. Well, wasn't Miss Laurent so enthusiastic about sitting with the 'love of her life' before? Seems like she won't have to worry about Miss Laurent's love life for a while.

When Louise still looked expectantly at Adelia, she sighed, "Well, since you're insisting so much, I won't be polite anymore. You might not be the person with the most horrible voice, but you better hope he doesn't die."

Adelia flashed the blond girl a polite smile, like the words she spoke before were normal things and not a spiteful remark.

When she didn't reply, Adelia dramatically sighed, "See, you're sad, aren't you? I was already unwilling to say it, but you were so curious."

Standing up, she patted Louise's shoulder. The blond girl's head was hung down, her bangs obstructing the view of her face.

"Look, Miss Louise, you must not misunderstand. I'm not specifically targeting you or anything. I really did hope we could be friends until I heard that voice. Forgive me, but it's simply horrible."

When she still received no reply, Adelia was a little stunned. Wasn't she supposed to be the antagonist? Why isn't she retorting, AHHH! She's making Adelia look like a bully!

She asked skeptically, "You're not going to cry, are you, Miss Laurent?" Even though her words were still sarcastic, there was a twinge of genuine concern in them.

Ms. Wells too made her way towards them. Although she was annoyed that such a smart girl was swaying because of mere crushes, she didn't want any of her students to cry or experience any bullying.

"Miss Laurent, are you okay? Adelia Astor, this is enough! Follow me to the office right now! -"

Ms. Wells abruptly stopped when Louise suddenly looked up. Her hair was slightly disheveled, beads of sweat visible on her face. The red on her cheeks contrasted with her fair skin, making the blush even more prominent. "I'm so happy! Don't punish Adelia, Miss. She...She talked to me!"

"..."

This girl was happy? She wasn't a mentally impaired comic relief character, right? No, no, she's still the antagonist! Stand tall, Adelia Astor! Maybe this all was also an act to make them lower their guards around her. She must not be deceived!

Seeing Adelia's bewildered expression, Louise grabbed her hands. "Adelia, even the most scornful insults become as lovely as flowers when they come out of your mouth. If I had a dime for every time I thought of you, I'd only have one because you never left my mind!"

"..."

On second thoughts, she might really be a mentally impaired comic relief character.