Meet the family, part 2

"I don't know about the future," Charlie wasn't nervous as he said the truth, "I'm actually not so sure about what I want to do. But if there's one thing I am sure of, it's that I'll always do everything I can to make Willow happy."

Seeing that he wanted to get back on topic, Robert didn't pursue it further. He said, "Okay. But still, follow your heart. No person should be forced to do something just because that's what they're supposed to do."

Charlie nodded and smiled, "I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for your advice."

Alex was the one who spoke this time. "So, getting back on topic. You love Will?"

"Yes," Charlie replied without a hint of hesitance or uncertainty.

"How can you be so sure? Maybe this all is a mere crush, something that'll eventually fade away?"

"I don't think so. Although we're young, I assure you, my feelings for Willow will remain the same, whether it be at 17 or 70. I understand that our feelings might seem like fleeting interest because of our age or the small time we've been together, but I can assure you, the two months I've spent with him have been the best of my life. And I'll do my best to make the time we spend together the best of Willow's life too."

"He was the one who came to me when no one else did. I'm only 17 and there are many things I don't know or am unsure of. But still, one thing I know by heart is that my feelings will only grow with time."

"I'll be lying if I said that it all didn't start with a crush before. But with every moment I spent with him, I felt myself falling deeper and deeper in love. I started to notice little things about him, amazed at how someone could have so many endearing things about them. He's kind, considerate and amazing. Every habit, every word, and every action only made me fall deeper in love with him- "

"Stop!" Willow cried, embarrassed. Damn, this male lead was about to kill him with all those compliments. For heaven's sake, he isn't even that good!

"You... You're exaggerating!" Willow turned away, his face red.

Charlie smiled, "I'm only telling the truth about how I feel, Willow."

"...You're so sappy."

Alex smiled. He didn't have anything else to ask those two. He could tell that every word Charlie spoke was earnest and heartfelt. It was clear that both of them were very much in love with each other.

"Well, congratulations. We approve of you."

A big smile broke out on Charlie's face when he heard that. Alex continued in a warning tone, "-But remember, if you ever hurt him... The outcome won't be good."

Charlie nodded, showing he understood. Willow looked at him excitedly and whispered, "We did it!"

Charlie nodded excitedly, stars shining in his eyes as looked at Willow. At this moment, it almost felt like everything else had floated out of focus, then being the only people in this whole world. Everything else seemed to have become irrelevant, and honestly, neither of them had a problem with that.