CHAPTER 7: FEEDER OF JOY

I'm sitting on the right side of the bed trembling.
Deecon had asked me that morning if I could remove my pendant to replace with a necklace he had bought me.
I told him it was my mothers and refused his gift. It wasn't the first time he had poked around my family secrets. That night I had seen a drawing of the symbol in his notes. He didn't kiss me goodnight like he always does, He was feet away from me, not inches.

I could feel his anxious mood, almost drowning me. He was becoming frightened of me. In fear he would start to piece it together, I gripped onto my pendant and slowly raised it off my head.
I remember the crash of burning power rising to my eyes, almost lighting up the room. My emotions and logic are more clear. My hands tremble though, wanting to feel the power again. I was so tempted to leap off the ground and float in the clouds.

I gripped the bed, almost breaking the bed frame. I squeezed my eyes shut trying to hold back the memories of Fierta and Darus flashing before them. My whole life cramming back into my skull that I locked away with my given powers.
I shake holding up my fingers to touch Deecon's cheekbone while he lay there asleep. One by one I plucked the memories from his mind. Not being fully in control I started to take too much. Flashes of us holding each other, embracing each other, lunch breaks at work together, nights of naming each star together, loving each other.. I couldn't stop. My cheeks streamed with tears as I got to relive these beautiful memories with him. No fighting, no hitting, no screaming. Before I knew it I had stolen almost all of us. Almost every good memory together was wiped from his mind. My most painful one being the only thing I could give. I had given the memory of our collapse to his mind. The Starzithian part of me could no longer endure it. My pendant has crammed it into my heart for too long. I wasn't thinking... I just wanted that hurt to go away.. I created my monster. I remember shaking to put the pendant back on with my body begging me to stop. I fought for so long until finally I could gasp for air as it swung back around my neck.

I couldn't watch myself any longer, the shame and guilt ate at me.
I let go of his face, gasping for what little air I could. Silver oozes from my nose dripping off my chin to the floor. My skull is almost splitting, leaving me dizzy and nauseous.

He leans into me, cradling my face in a tight grip before continuing

"Starting to remember? Starting to remember scraping my memories out of my skull like a melon? Jamming it with apocalyptic horror of people begging for their lives as you leave with only a couple hundred out of thousands? Picking your idea of essential and leaving children to burn alive? Huh? The memory where you look out the window of your ship to see Darus crumbling? I really thought I was going crazy."
He starts to chuckle again while wiping a tear from his eye. "...but I'm not mad Gem. You giving me this memory has opened my eyes to what you truly are... a Solar Destroyer.. A fake God. An abomination to the galaxy. Even in the smallest quadrant, your race is in our history books as demons. Your Word of Starzthians is practiced and preached to sheep and you? You are a Wolf in sheep's clothing promising a new world and abandoning it when you heard our cries."

My eyes start to brim with tears. "My family isn't like them." I whimper at his tighter grip around my jaw.

He shakes his head clenching his jaw.
"Who would believe you over their own kind? .... I could make one call and you would be locked away... you leave this planet? You will be hunted down and gutted."

I want so badly to show him my true power on how locking me away wouldn't stop me at all... but I still devote my life to help his kind. If I were to leave I would be caught out of hiding. The human race collapsed at the same moment. I need to rip these memories from his skull.

He shoves my chest pushing me to the couch. "Now-" He grabs his box full of his stuff. "-This should be in my-.. Our room."

I already feel my feet accelerate underneath me to catch up to Deecon headed straight to Franco. Precious Franco.