Chapter 1

It was a nice day today. The sky was cloudless and the California sun was shining bright. I was on my way to the kitchen when I heard Denice already making breakfast. She was my best friend in high school and we moved to California at the age of 18.

"Hey," I said, as soon I sat down at the kitchen counter. "Good morning," she said, still focusing on the pancakes. "Did you sleep well?" I asked as I put two plates down on the counter. "I did, how about you? Did you sleep well?" she asked as she stared at me with concerned eyes. "Yeah, I think I got a decent amount of sleep," I said, with my face down. "If you say so.." Denice said, as she started at her pancakes.

"Do you want some?" she asked. "I'm not that hungry," I said, as I grabbed a glass and filled it with some water. "What are your plans for today?" I asked when I found my seat. "I'm not sure, probably gonna film today. What about you? Do you have classes?" Denice asked. "Yeah I have classes today, I'm gonna leave soon," I said, as I put my glass in the dishwasher.

I got to my room and put on a pair of black ripped jeans and a white hoodie. I started on my make-up, cause I looked like a ghost. I put on some concealer and started on my mascara when I heard Denice call my name.

"Hailey!!" I got up as fast as I could when she stood there with her phone in her hands. "What is it? Is there a fire?" I asked as I approached her. "Guess what!" she said. "What?" I could see she was super excited about something. "We are going out tonight!" She practically screamed.

"No!" I said to her. "Oh come on, please? Pretty please?" she practically begged me. "You know what I think about parties," I said, as Denice looked at me with puppy eyes. "Oh fine.." I said. "Yay," she screamed excitedly.

I went back to my room to finish getting ready for class. Denice followed me to my room, "You look beautiful" she said as I looked at myself in the mirror. "No, I don't," I said. I packed my bag and left the apartment.

As soon as I parked my car, I went into the school. The day went by fast and before I knew it the classes ended. I got up and started walking to my locker when someone approached me. "Hey," he said with a friendly voice. I recognized the voice immediately. It was Brandon. "Hey," I say, as I did my best to put a smile on my face.

"How were your classes today?" he asked. I haven't known Brandon for so long. I met him at the beginning of college. "They were alright," I said. "Good" he responded. "What are you doing tonight?" he asked. "I'm going to a party with Denice," I said honestly. "That sounds fun," he said as he looked over to his friend. "Hey, I need to get going. Talk to you later?" he said, as he rushed to his friends. "Yeah, talk later," I said disappointed.

Once I got home, I took my hoodie off because it was way too hot outside. Luckily Denice left the air-conditioning on when she left. I changed into a pair of comfortable shorts with a black t-shirt. I stared at myself in the mirror. Looking at the scars showing all over my body.

"You look disgusting," a voice in my head said.

I walked over to the living room and sat on the couch. I turned the tv on and scrolled through YouTube. I clicked on one about ghosthunting. I was always into the paranormal stuff. I watched a few videos and fell asleep.