Chapter 12- I have a Question

Start from the beginning

Suddenly,Alexander stayed silent for a moment.

"George, I have a question." I suddenly feel nervous. Well, I could sense that he became suddenly serious.

"I may have an answer. Okay, shoot." I gulped as I wait for him to speak. I felt him breathe deeply on the other line.

"Why do you call me 'wifey'?" I sigh  in relief. Okay, so he wanted to know why.

"Because I can. You don't like it?" I asked worriedly. I don't want to call him something he doesn't like.

"It just sounds so... feminine. It makes me girly." I laughed as I clutched the phone in my hand, trying my hard to not let it go.

"Hubby, I'm serious!" He's blushing right now. I'll bet you seven m&m's.

"Okay. You really want to know why?" I raise my brow as I thought of the true reason why I invented such endearment.

"Yes. I've been dying to know why."

"Well, before we met, I was looking for... a wife. It was never in my intention to marry a boy. But everything changed when you came. I saw your photo once then I thought of you ever since. Your sister was the one I wanted to marry first but when you barged into my office..... I was head-over-heels. So, I call you wifey....because you're the wife I've been looking for a long time. It was never my intention to make you become more feminine.If you dont' like it, we could always stop it. " I confessed as he stayed silent for a few seconds.

"Why were you looking for a wife?" WOW! Good way to change the topic in hand.

"Well, I really don't want to tell you over the phone. Besides, we were talking about our endearment." I really want to tell him about that in person. I feel like I want to tell him all my secrets. I was always the person who never tell anyone about the secrets I hide but when it comes to Alexander, I feel like I can trust him with anything.

"Oh yes. So I guess its uhm fine with me." I smile in victory. Well, I had to do a lot of things to just win that bet. But, I could sense something on the other line. He seems....sad?

"Wifey, are you alright?" Worry rushed into me as he stayed silent. Is something wrong with what I said?

"Nothing.Uhm..I need to go. Work is piling." Before I could even answer, he cut the call and a monotonous tone played over.

I quickly stood and rushed outof my office, I quickly found Sam just outside,

"Sam, I need to go to McKinley Inns.Now." He nods in reply before we went straight to the elevator. What happened back there? Ugh. I'm so confused.

When we reach the bottom floor, Sam and I went straight directly to the car. As the elevator opened I stride past the secretary's desk and went directly to Alexander's office. Once, I opened the door I then noticed Wifey going through a few paperwork without even looking up at me. He must've thought that I might be another person.

"Yes? Lauren please stop standing there like a—-" He gets cut off and I notice his eyes widen. He suddenly looks away, leaving me even more confused. 

"O..Oh hubby. I..I neve thought you were the..re."

"Something's wrong and you won't tell me." I walk towards his desk and stood infront of him.

"W..what are y..you talking about? I..im f..fine!" He laughs and I immediately notice that it's fake.

I walk to his side and pulled him up. He gasps before I pull him into my chest. I felt his hug on me as he burries his face on my chest.