𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣: 𝙖𝙢𝙗𝙪𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙

Start from the beginning

"Are you in?" She requested, waiting for his response. "Cause if not I'm doing it myself."

Poe smirked and declined her second option with a shake of his head.

"Let's catch ourselves a bounty hunter, Blondie."

-|-

Being a chief of Easik wasn't that hard for Hoku when it was in a state of peace. He normally did everything to keep the villagers happy and comfortable in his presence.

Currently inside his home, looking over some blueprints of how to improve the village into a city.

His heart skipped a beat when he heard something outside his office.

Proceeding with caution he grabbed the nearest object to use as a weapon. A broom, as he swept the floor earlier that day. Using it as a staff to defend himself from the source of the noise.

Directing the pole towards the door and reaching for the handle. His hand covered the knob, carefully turning as he slowly opened it.

He then lifted the broom as if it were a rifle gun, ready to knock out the threat.

"Hello?" Hoku whispered as he lurked down the hall. "Who's there?"

He was about to round the corner until Ava appeared in front of him. She jumped back in surpise to see the Chief's defensive stance.

Hoku stare blankly at her as she stood their like a orloni being caught in shiplights. "Sorry, Ms. Quill." He sighed as he placed the cleaning supply down and letting it lean against the wall. "I thought I heard something. Forgive me."

She shrugged off her fear with a grin. "Eh, no worries. I've done that before when I'm the only one awake on the Benatar."

The Chief let out a chuckle at the comment. "What can I do for you then?" He said as he welcomed her into his office, and facing the small window parallel to the threshold. "I can give you a nice ship for you and your friend if your ready to leave."

SLAM!

In an instant, Hoku spun around to see Ava's ally, stepping away from the door he had just shut and now locked.

"We aren't leaving yet." Poe said as he stepped forward and the Chief dropped his smile.

"What's going on here!?" Hoku snapped in rage.

Hardly did Ava notice the man get angry. Peter even told her before they came that he was one of the most friendliest guys in the galaxy.

She glanced at Poe hoping he would get the message. He rose his eyebrows as he received the information.

"How old are you?" Ava began the interrogation as her and Poe approached him.

Hoku snorted and watched the two in disbelief. "That's a funny reason to trap someone in their own office, but I'm 53. But thanks for stopping by."

The hope for them to leave vanished when they both hardened narrowed their eyes on him.

Poe released his folded arms and put his hands on his hips. "Where were you born?"

"On Easik of course!" He cheered as he extended his arms.

"Got a wife? Kids?" Poe asked.

Hoku nodded. "Wife, yes! Very beautiful women, her name is Gillian and I have three kids. Two girls one boy."

The general wasn't finished as he changed his weight into the other foot. "Go on."

Hoku frowned. "What do you mean?"