𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣: 𝙖𝙢𝙗𝙪𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙

Start from the beginning

Ava shrugged in innocence. "Just funny, watching you get irrated. It's like a 5 year old tantrum."

"Excuse me?" He dropped his jaw and Ava immediately burst out into laughter. Poe frowned harder as he grew more unamused. "Stop it. It wasn't that funny."

She clutched her stomach as she bent over giggling. "I can't help it!" Ava cried with her cheeks hurting from smiling so much. "You're just so serious and it's like-"

With a straight back and her hands on her hips. "Excuse me blondie!?" Ava mocked as she even copied his angry frown and laughed hard than the first time.

His stretched in a straight line, sick of being bullied by her. Not wanting want to argue with her anymore. Poe let out an impatient sigh. "So a Skrull?" He widened his stare to keep Ava on topic.

"Right," She nodded her head once as she began to walk with Poe following next to her. "A Skrull, which you've might of figured out, is a shapeshifter. There's good and bad all over this galaxy and Carol Danvers has been trying to kept it all in order."

Wandering with Ava around the perimeter of the village, Poe listened to every word that came out from her mouth. Doing the best he could to process the new information about the alien race. Being curious as he was fascinated, he tilted his head towards her while still strolling alongside her, and asked. "So then why interrogate the Chief and I, huh?"

"They can impersonate anyone from their appearance down to the genetic level. If smart enough, a Skrull can observe mannerisms and use it as an advantage." Ava educated Poe, doing the best to keep it simple as possible for him to comprehend. "But they have zero information on the background for the person they portray to be. Meaning-

"A Skrull won't know about my galaxy." Poe completed her sentence as the concept started to make sense.

"Exactly." A soft kind smile appeared on her lips, as she watched her stepping feet below her, not expecting him to be paying attention. Then again, Ava never really have anyone listen to her rambles or explanations of her knowledge in the way he did. With the exception of her brother and a few Avengers. But it was different with Poe.

"I get it." Poe hummed with a sideways glance. "You think there might be bounty hunter hiding in our midst?"

"Hmm-mm. Which is why I-"

Poe cleared his throat and saw his hand gesturing between the two of them.

Ava rolled her eyes before clarifying. "Why we need to find this Skrull so they can give us a direction of where BB-8 and Groot could be." Ava clarified.

Poe scanned the village. The population wasn't massive as the Resistance, but it wasn't small either. He saw kids playing some kind of sport as they kicked around a dusty ball. A chorus of laughs caused him to drift away from the match. Gathered and sandwiched inside two huts were two families. They all sat in a circle as they ate an unknown dish while enjoying each others company. Next, sitting on the porch was an older couple with beaming smiles. He then spotted more Easiks going about their day, showing innocence and no suspicion.

"How do we track a Skrull down? It's not like we can check everyone." Poe stated as he adjusted to be standing in front of his ally.

Ava smirked proudly. "We don't have to. Because I might know who it is."

Poe put his hands on his hips. "Might?"

"It's a high chance since I already got this person cornered," She replied as he cocked an eyebrow and to wait for anticipating reveal.

Ava looked around and before she grabbed Poe's sleeve, cupping her hand around her mouth as she whispered in his ear. 

He turned his head to look back at Ava with his eyes trusting and approving her accusation. Receiving her idea made the suspect more obvious once Poe heard the name.