Ringing

After grabbing some clothes (a dark gray and black striped v neck, a seemingly clean white hoodie with little to no blood, and black leggings) I go through the bathroom to Jeff's room.

At first, I don't see him. However, after a moment he suddenly comes out of practically nowhere and I shriek at the sheer surprise. He chuckles a little. I guess that maybe his slightly dirty white all-white clothes and his paper-white skin make him blend in with his wall... almost too well.

After a moment, he gets on his bed. I just stand there awkwardly. "Well, you CAN sit down if you would like..."

I hesitate. Could it be a trap? But after a moment, common sense kind of just flies away. Of course it isn't a trap, idiot- he's literally also on the bed. I slowly slide to a spot on the edge of the bed, relieved that it is not a trap.

"So, what's your name?" Jeff suddenly asks me.

"It's, uhm... Ellie..." I whisper, maybe a bit quieter than intended.

"WHAT'S THAT? I can't hear you!" Jeff says.

"Sorr-soory... uh... er... it's Ellie..."

"What?" Jeff asks with a slight giggle deep in his voice. "Sorry, I just genuinely cannot hear you at all."

"Ellie..." at this point, my voice feels hoarse. I realize that I haven't actually used it in a while... or at least in a bit.

"Ok, you, like, seriously need to talk louder."

"It's Ellie," I say, now much louder than I was originally. However, it's hard, because my voice sounds scratchy and quiet.

"Oh my god, is it that hard to just talk NORMALLY?"

"MY NAME IS ELLIE!" I exclaim.

Utter silence. Jeff just stares at me. I feel immediately embarrassed. Did I really need to yell THAT loud? Was that REALLY necessary? Until, after a moment, Jeff breaks out into laughter. His wide smile opens wider. His eyes stay open. It's slightly terrifying, even if Jeff doesn't intend it to be at the moment.

"Pf- aha.. I was just messing with you, you know... I mean, I couldn't hear you at first really, but... heh... you're gullible, you know," Jeff says between laughs. I sigh. Well, I was right- there was a trap. Now my voice hurts like shit, and there's nothing that I can do about it.

Suddenly, I hear a distant ringing sound. Well, at first it's distant, but it starts to grow louder. Like a high pitched squeal, only worse and somehow even more annoying. I start to cover my ears. Only, it just get's louder. It get's louder and louder to the point where I must also bury my head into Jeff's blanket.

I look up for a snap second to see that Jeff, although also covering his ears, doesn't seem to be AS affected by it. He's probably USED to it.

After a moment, the ringing noise starts to slowly quiet down- at least enough for me to think straight. I feel like I'm about to faint- I'm dizzy and lightheaded and the ringing is hurting me substantially- but I don't for some reason.

I look up slowly, and then turn around to see a face. Or perhaps, not a face, I suppose. There is no face. It's absolutely terrifying. A blank, paper white head that's just on the top of an abnormally tall and very slender body that bends over me even from the ground.

I faint.

I wake up- my face is buried in a pillow. I grunt and turn around. Was it a dream? Just by seeing the knives lined up on the walls I can conclude that no, this is very much still real. Just as real as it was before.