I glanced over to Shinobu as she pulled out a Tanishi. (Think that's what they were called)

Gatcha.

"Kin-Sama!" She shouted, staring at the snail.

"Shinobu! Is Momonouske-Sama doing okay?!" Kin'emon rushed out, worried.

"He is, but we're getting more and more attacks from the enemy! We're now in a hidden room, but..." She explained.

"Do not lower your guard! Kanjuro is after you guys!" Kin'emon warned us. "Stay alert! He will come to annihilate the Kozuki Clan! I will be there to defend you!"

"We're in a crawl space on the first floor of the castle! Be safe!" Shin boy whispered to him our location.

"I got it! I am counting on you, Shinobu!"

"Kin'emon!" Momonouske cut him off.

"Momonouske-Sama! Please be patient for now!" Kin'emon asked the boy.

I heard something hit the ground, causing me to turn to my right, seeing a box with its contents spilling out.

"Sorry, sorry! Did it hit you?" Yamato asked us as he climbed back up the ladder.

"What are you doing?" Shinobu and I asked simultaneously.

"Could you help me out a little bit?" I rose an eyebrow at him as he walked to the box. "We must get ready to overcome this situation!"

"Gee! If you make a move now, you'll risk Momonouske-Sama's life!" Shinobu reminded Yamato, shaking her head. "Hunker down for now!"

Yamato grabbed an object, holding it out. "This is the only way to protect you!"

"A..." I trailed off, "... ball is going to help?" I monotonously asked.

Nodding his head, he continued. "And I must sort things out with my old man! Together with you, Momonouske-Kun!"

Yamato began to make something out of the objects, smiling. "Momonouske-kun, Shinobu-San... watch out for the Marys! They're roaming around Onigashima to do recon. They could be anywhere. They could be watching us from somewhere now."

"What? Where?! Where are they?!" Momonouske shouted, looking around.

"Don't worry! We got this!" He held up the object he was making.

"Uhh..." I tilted my head. "What is that exactly...?"

"Do not tell me that is..." Momonouske frowned, pointing at it.

"It's you." Yamato smiled. "I'll use this to make myself a decoy! You and I are targeted as a group, so I'm gonna carry this and run! The enemy will think I'm carrying you and come after me. And I'll hit them like wham! You two can stay hiding here!"

I watched Yamato's enthusiasm as he explained the half-assed plan of his. "Alright!" He shouted, and I facepalmed.

"I can see you're itching to fight." Momonouske stated the obvious.

"Go ahead, Yamato." Shinobu sighed, going along with it. "We're in contact with Kin-Sama I'll protect Momonouske-Sama here!"

As Yamato began to leave, he suddenly stopped. "Oh yeah! Momonouske-kun, you can hear Luffy's voice, right? Is he okay?"

Momonouske looked up at the ceiling, "Mhm, I can hear it. It hasn't changed from before. He became weaker, but he's fine. But... there are only two voices now!"

One on one, huh... I glanced up to the ceiling, feeling anxious. I shook my head, ridding myself of the worry I had. He'll win, I know it.

I closed my eyes, wondering what I should do now. While everyone was fighting, I was just sitting here, making me feel somewhat guilty.

I then glanced over to Momonouske, who was reading his later father's journal. No, someone needs to help Shinobu protect him until Kin'emon and the others arrive. Besides, Kanjuro is after him as we speak.

I jumped in worry as Momonouske grabbed his head and began to shout in pain. "Who is it?!" He shouted.

"What?! What is it this time??" Shinobu shouted, freaking out.

"Momonouske!" I ran over along with Shinobu, glancing down at the boy in worry.

"What's wrong?! Stay with me!" Shinobu tried ti get an answer, but the boy kept screaming out."What should I do?! What am I supposed to do?!"

"Shinobu!" I shouted to her, causing her to look at me. "Calm down, freaking out isn't going to help."

She nodded, before shouting out, still freaking out somewhat. "Kin-Sama! Just get here already!"

Not a second later, Kin'emon and Kiku arrived. He immediately ran over to Momonouske, grabbing hold of the boy in worry as Kiku knelt down beside him.

"I'm not sure what's going on... before he started screaming he said, 'Who is it?' but I don't know..." I trailed off, frowning as he kept wriggling around in pain.

The duel is over!

I glanced around the room, my gaze landing on a frog with a paper with an eye on it. Damn, it's one of those Marys.

The man with the highest bounty amongst the enemies, Straw Hat...has been defeated!

I felt my breath hitch as my eyes widened from the broadcast. Luffy... defeated...?

———
Published: 01/22/2023