Chapter One

1| Magically Exploding my English Teacher

The sun rose over the city of Lansing, Michigan and along with the sun the students of Nevermore Academy. A boarding school for misfits and kids who don't exactly fit in any other schools but come two weeks the students of the academy would finally be released back home for summer break. And for some kids this would be like being let home from Alcatraz.

Y/N L/N being one of these kids. See, Y/N is a twelve-year-old boy around the average height for a boy his age with medium length dark hair that had a natural dark purple tinge, and he had amber eyes as well.

After Y/N put his toothpaste away a knock came from his dorm to which he opened, and he came face to face with his best friend he's made at Nevermore. That person being June Robinson. June and Y/N had become friends almost immediately on the first day of school and they've been inseparable ever since, June was boy who was pretty scrawny, short, he had long brown hair that went a little past his shoulders, he was also timid and he always walked on two crutches because he was born with two inverted knees that made it seem like he was in pain from just walking but don't let his appearance trick you because when it was time for a second round of brownies June was running with the best of em'.

"Morning Y/N, Let's go to class." June said

The two made it to class as soon as the bell rung and sat down next to one another and not too long after that their English teacher Ms. Ransom walked in slowly. Ms. Ransom was a lady in her early 40's but had the personality of a bitter old 70-year-old woman who had let life pass her by and she seemed to have it out for Y/N. As she entered the class Y/N chuckled and whispered to June

"You know what June? I don't think Ms. Ransom is human." Y/N says with a chuckle, but June doesn't reciprocate.

"You're completely right, Y/N." June says completely stone faced.

"At least someone doesn't like her as much as me." Y/N thought to himself as Ms. Ransom began the lesson

The class went on and as it did paper balls were thrown at the back of Junes head and as the third one connected Y/N subconsciously balled his fists and whipped his head back and came face to face with Heather Lace. A thirteen-year-old, genetically challenged, fat girl whose best friend is another genetically challenged blonde girl named Lindsay Luvington.

"Now if I came back there and slapped you, I'd be wrong right?" Y/N says, louder than he meant to.

"Slap who, Mr. L/N?" Ms. Ransom sarcastically to which Heather mockingly smiles and pokes her tongue out the boy.

"No one Ms. Ransom."  He said rolling his eyes to the side

"Well, since you're so keen to talk can you remind me how Zeus, Poseidon and Hades decided who would rule what?" She asks while impatiently tapping her foot on the ground in a way that almost read that she expected the boy to answer wrong

"To keep everything completely fair the three brothers drew straws to decided who would rule what. And the result of that was Zeus ended up with the sky and Poseidon and Hades would rule the Sea and Underworld respectively." Y/N says but Ms. Ransom just rolls her eyes and continues teaching her lesson about Greek myths and stories. No good jobs, at least you're paying attention not even an okay, it was like she wanted him to get it wrong.

The class went on as usual and the bell rung signaling the end of the period and it was time to go to lunch. Y/N and June sat together at a table casually chatting with each other up until Heather and Lindsay walked up behind June with dirt eating grins and Heather poured her lunch all over June.

Funny enough, it wasn't his best friend covered in today's sloppy joe's that made him the angriest. Sure, it pissed him off but it was the laughter that made the sound of Y/N's heart pounding drown everything else out and before he knew it even despite June trying to stop him Y/N was standing over a Heather who just gotten laid flat on her butt.