Chapter Three

3| Y/N plays Pinchole

While he was out cold Y/N had plenty of both dreams and nightmares. Most of the dreams he had included his big sister, who he lived with before he was sent off to Lansing while the nightmares included June whether if it was one of him dying or him blaming Y/N for his death every nightmare included him. Every. Single. One.

And when Y/N finally woke up nothing improved either due to everything he either saw or heard making absolutely so sense before he'd inevitably fall back asleep. One thing he remembered from when he was awake was being spoon-fed something that tasted like buttery popcorn but is was pudding and lying in a soft bed. The girl with curly blonde haired who he effectively gave the nickname "Princess." hovering over him with a smirk while scraping the pudding drops from his chin.

When she saw his eyes flutter open, she instantly asked "What will happen at the summer solstice?"

Y/N eyes furled in confusion, and he asked "What?"

Then the girl looked around to make sure no one was eavesdropping then she continued "What's going on? What was stolen? We've only got a few weeks left!"

"Excuse me," Y/N mumbled out "I don't..."

Then a knock came to the door, and the girl quickly stuffed Y/N's mouth full of pudding. By the next time he woke up she was gone.

This time, when Y/N woke up (And stayed awake for more than three minutes this time) he felt (Physically) better. But while his head didn't ache, and his legs didn't feel like they were on fire his heart still ached over the loss of June.

Looking around, Y/N eyes landed on a cup filled with what looked to be an amber liquid he thought to be apple juice but when he tasted it, he recoiled because the drink didn't taste like apple juice at all, but he instead realized the taste to be his big sister's Sweet Potato Pie. But a liquid version. Drinking it, he felt invigorated and refreshed but the aching in his heart increased now longing for his sister and his departed friend.

Back before she sent him to Nevermore, she'd bake the pies on her off-days with him not just Sweet Potato, they'd bake all kinds of pies, brownies and sweets in general. Sweet Potato just so happened to be his favorite. While the ache didn't go away it felt like his sister gave him one of her signature bear hugs and told him that he was going to be okay.

The boy looked down at the cup and even though he had just drank a warm liquid the ice cubs still sat in the cup.

After staring a bit longer, Y/N put the cup back on the table and pulled his blanket off and pulled his legs off the bed and he did his foot had landed on top of what he felt to be a box. Upon seeing it, Y/N got off the bed though he did wobble a bit from the lack of leg use the past few days and he crouched down to open the shoe-box

When it opened it, he was met with a letter taped to something under it. The letters on the note where big so it made it easier for Y/N to read but it did still take a little bit of time for him to piece it all together

I was at the hill, and I found this. I think it belongs to you. If it does, I hope you like it and if not, uh it's yours's now anyway, I guess.

Sincerely, Grover Underwood the Satyr.

What in the world did a satyr named Grover find that could belong to me? Not like I came here with much. Y/N thought to himself before pulling the note off and staring at the man-lions stringer that he cut off.

He slowly picked it up and just stared at it. All he could think about was how this belonged to the same creature that murdered his best friend.

With a sigh, the boy would stand up and look around at his surroundings. The porch he stood on stretched all the way around the farmhouse. Though his legs felt wobbly and weak he still decided he wanted to look around. As he walked and finally made it to the other side of the house, he leaned on a wall to catch his breath.