now playing: 3.0 - an eye for an eye

Start from the beginning

The petite female gently ran a finger across the glass, squinting as she tried to read the label wrapped around each tube. 

Three labelled K.A. 0102xxxx, five labelled K.A. 0202xxxx, seven labelled K.A. 0302xxxx.

A horrid feeling overtook her gut as she realised that these were indeed her blood samples, the letters being her initials and the numbers being the date her blood had been drawn. 

She stared in horror as she saw that they took 10 vials of blood from her maximum per day. It was rare at first, usually averaging between three to five vials a day. But it seemed like as time went on, taking seven to ten vials of blood per day became normal.

Her eyes watered as she trembled against the glass.

It must've been the safe where all their samples were kept given the lock on the cabinet.

Kazumi lowered her head, body shaking.

"I'm telling you to die." Overhaul's voice suddenly echoed from the hall as he spoke to Togata.

Her eyes widened, laced with an onslaught of insanity. 

She cracked her fingers, before she sent a powerful punch to the glass cabinet containing her blood, increasing the amplitude and volume of the sound waves that coursed through her fist to the max which caused her hand to completely shoot through the glass.

Her eyes darted to a nearby table where a beaker was balanced on a metal retort stand. She ruthlessly snatched the beaker off the clamp, throwing it to the ground before yanking the stand off the table.

She adjusted her grip on the neck of the retort stand, raising her arm into a batting position with the base of the stand sticking out. 

A terrifying smile appeared on her face and she whacked at one of the rows of blood samples, red liquid splattering everywhere. She felt a taste of freedom from just one hit that she soon grew addicted to.

So she was quick to hit another shelf of blood samples, and another, until all her blood was splattered everywhere and shards of glass littered the floor. 

She breathed heavily, her body hunched over as the taste of metal slipped into her mouth.

"If it isn't my dulcet Kazumi Chisaki making such a ruckus as usual." 

The said girl dropped the retort stand into the cabinet one last time, a shattering noise echoing from the glass it collided with.

She turned around, the white parts of her hair had blood dyeing its strands. Her hands were bloodied up to her forearms, her hero costume and bits of her skin stained with splatters of her own blood. 

"You're looking as beautiful as ever." He jeered, Chronostasis behind him with Eri peeking her head out from his cloak.

Kazumi wiped the sweat on her chin; smudging a bit of blood from her bloodied hand on her pale skin.

"And you're looking as revolting as ever, Chisaki."

"What did you do to the–" Chronostasis began to yell but Overhaul raised a hand to silence him.

"I see that you found our little stash," Overhaul spoke with a smile, gesturing to her bloodied form. "That took years of hard work to collect, y'know?"

Kazumi's teeth clenched. She knew all too well.

"Yet," she began, an almost sadistic smile appearing on her face. "What took you two years of hard work is produced in my body for free. A little sad for you, isn't it?"