now playing: 0.1 - the girl who had been afraid of her own voice?

01:43 ━━━━●───── 03:50

⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻

     ılıılıılıılıılıılı

Bakugou had no issues taking down the robots during the entrance exam. By the pace he was achieving at the moment, he was so confident that he truly believed he was ranking first the entire time. And to be honest, he wasn't wrong.

It was no secret that he was talented for his age – everyone in his life made that abundantly clear; if not, he made sure they all knew.

A toothy grin appeared on his sharp features as he saw a particularly high pointed robot coming in his direction. He pulled back his arm, feeling his quirk build up in his sweaty palms as he got ready to attack.

However, he unexpectedly lurched forward when he felt a heavy boot step on his back, vibrations running down his spine which winded him midair. He tumbled onto the floor, catching himself on his palms before he angrily looked up.

The attacker who had ruthlessly stepped on his back was a toned female who practically launched herself towards the robot. He'd essentially used him as a stool to boost herself.

She raised a gloved hand, visible sound waves coming from her hands before she precisely aimed at the sensitive part of the robot's neck. The sound waves seemed to harden, smoothly slicing the robot's head off.

She skillfully landed, her elegant fingers spread apart on the ground as she crouched – a cloud of dust surrounding her from the dirt below her feet.

When the dirt cleared, Bakugou noticed how her long, midnight hair flowed down her body like ink as she carefully stood up, nonchalantly tapping the front of her black boots onto the sand.

Dusting her hands off quickly, she raised her fingers to her hair, tying it out of her face as she turned around to face Bakugou.

The girl was as pretty as she moved, her face rounded and her button nose dusted with dirt. She had two distinct streaks of white in her hair at the front that she tucked behind her ears. Her perfectly shaped lips twitched into a kind grin, her round eyes squinting as she smiled.

"'Suki," she simply greeted, her voice tender and soft.

At the sound of the nostalgic nickname slipping off her tongue, Bakugou's eyes widened.

On further inspection, her star-like freckles and elf-like ears were the only identifying features of his childhood best friend that she possessed. But they were enough for him to have no doubt in his mind that the woman before him was Kazumi Amano.

He noticeably flinched as she suddenly raised her left hand, only to whip his head around to see a robot collapse behind him. It seemed like one of the cogs inside of the machine had moved so quickly that it had flown out of the robot itself.

Bakugou grinded his teeth, about to speak only for Kazumi to swiftly turn her back to him to take down a nearby robot.

"Fucking Crybaby..." He muttered under his breath, shooting a ruthless explosion at a passing robot.

What had been a fun and exhilarating test had become frustrating to the temperamental blonde. His mind had been captivated by the sudden reappearance of his childhood best friend.

Her calm demeanour and gentle voice unlocked something unstable in him.

What happened to the girl who had been afraid of her own voice? 

     ılıılıılıılıılıılı