now playing: 1.2 - 'Zumi

now playing: 1.2- 'Zumi.

01:43 ━━━━●───── 03:50

⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻

tw ! : mentions of abuse & child abuse, kidnapping, loss of a loved one, abandonment (essentially, if you are triggered by all of these, I suggest you don't reach this book to be honest).

ılıılıılıılıılıılı

Bakugou zoned out as he, Todoroki and Kazumi sat on the train together. Kazumi had been talking about her and Bakugou's internship to Todoroki who listened intently at every word she spoke.

He'd usually tell them to shut up or sit somewhere else if they were talking, but instead he remained quiet as he stared out the window at the passing buildings.

His mind was fixated on what Best Jeanist had told him about Kazumi. He wondered what she went through in those three years they'd been separated.

"Katsuki?"

What had happened when her mother passed? Where did she go and who did she live with? ... When did she get kidnapped and for how long? What did they do to her?

"Katsuki!"

Bakugou suddenly whipped his head away from the window at her alarmed tone, only to see her staring worriedly at him as Todoroki witnessed in curiosity.

"What?" He aggressively asked, leaning his cheek on his fist.

"Are you okay?" She pouted, her eyebrows furrowed.

For some reason, his heart sank at her words.

Was she okay?

She was always asking how he was. Always saying she would be there to listen to him even if he acted shitty to her. Did she need him too?

Kazumi stood up and grabbed her backpack; their train had arrived at her and Bakugou's station. She quickly farewelled Todoroki before pulling Bakugou to her side, ushering him to follow her off the train.

Bakugou just let her drag him out the train and outside the station before she let go of his wrist. She placed her hands on her waist, staring him down as they both breathed in the late afternoon air.

"You've been acting weird ever since we left Jeanist's company, what happened?" She asked curiously, staring up at the taller male.

Bakugou looked away, avoiding her stare as he tucked his hands into his school uniform's trousers.

He was confused.

Bakugou wanted to know more about what happened during the time they were separated but he knew that it wasn't his business.

They weren't friends, he made that abundantly clear.

Not to mention, why did he care anyways? He didn't care about her, she was just some extra who followed him around back when they were younger.

Did he actually see her as a friend... was that why he cared so much for her? But what right did he have to ask her after he'd betrayed her?

He was in a sticky situation that required him to be vulnerable and he did not like that.

"Kazumi... you said that you were always there to listen to me, right?" Bakugou asked, still looking away from her.

"Of course," she responded without hesitation.