Chapter 25

Dreams POV (some romance in this- and some shipping, if you don't like it leave now)

The castle was lit up with torches as I walked down the halls. It had been a few hours since the war and it was dark outside. As I continued to walk through I felt a sudden onslaught of pain in my right arm. 'Fuck' I held my arm, making my way down the stairs and towards the medical ward. I pushed open the door to see George sat on a stool, reading a book. I blushed slightly as I saw him sitting there, contently.

"Uh George?" He perked up at his name. "Do you think you could maybe take a look at my arm? It's hurting a lot." I walked over to him.

"Yeah sure." He got up and put some gloves on. I sat on the stool as he came over to me. He lifted my shirt and inspected my arm. His eyes widened in shock. "Dream! You have like a whole two inch deep four inch long cut! Why didn't you say anything about it?" He asked, looking up, clearly worried.

"Dunno, didn't feel it. Adrenaline must've blocked it or something" I mumbled quietly. He tutted at me shaking his head.

"Do you even know how you got it?" He asked, turning around, grabbing a disinfectant.

"No, must've been during the battle" I winced in pain as he applied the disinfectant to my arm.

"That's really irresponsible dream. You could've gotten an infection or even bled out!" He grabbed a roll of bandages from the table.

"I know I'm sorry George." I said looking away as he wrapped it up.

"Thanks George." I got up to leave the ward.

I heard a small sigh behind me. "Dream just wait a second."

I stopped and turned around. "Yeah?"

"Um. I uh wanted to talk to you about something." He fiddled with his hands, not looking at me. 

I walked back to him slowly, the torch light illuminating his face. "Okay, I'm listening."

"So uh- I uh w-well we've known each other, and like been friends, best friends, for um like a c-couple of y-years and uh..." he stuttered. I inched closer towards him and took his hands softly. He looked down, and I watched as his ears went pink.

"And um, I uh I t-think that I might, uh that, I um I think I might l-l..." he stumbled over his words obviously very flustered. I pulled his hands to my chest and he looked up at me. 

"I like you too George." I kissed him slowly. He blushed profusely but didn't pull away. We broke apart, me still holding his hands.

"You okay?" I asked slightly out of breath, looking at him.

"Y-yeah..." he said looking at me. We kissed again. I held his waist and pulled him in closer, his hands clasped to his chest. A door opened behind us and we immediately pulled away from each other. I rubbed my injured arm slightly, turning my face away to hide my blush. Techno walked out of Wilbur's room. George cleared his throat. Techno raised an eyebrow, staring at us both.

He turned to me. "Dream come with me" he turned around to leave the ward.

"Oh okay, uh b-bye George" I smiled nervously and waved to him. He waved back with a similar cheesy smile, still blushing.

I ran to catch up with techno who was already half way down the hall.

"We have to go check up on him." Techno said, not turning around.

"On who?" I asked slightly out of breath.

"Nightmare".

I stopped. Chills went through my spine. 'Last time I saw him he possessed me and nearly made me hurt George and maddie'

"Why?" I asked, my voice wavering.

Techno stopped and turned around. He walked back to me and held my shoulders. "Because, dream, you were infected, fully. Maddie heard his whispers while you were taken over by him. You're connected to him, you had a window into his consciousness, something I don't have. You can help me figure out what he plans to do next. Okay? I need your help dream. You are the only one that can help me right now"

"Okay, let's do it" I nodded.

"Good" he let go of my shoulders and began to walk again. I caught up with him again. After a few moments of slightly uncomfortable silence he spoke up again.

"Soo... you and George?"

I blushed and turned away, thinking about him. I nodded slightly.

"Called it"

I looked back at him, confused.

"What? I can read minds dumbass. I knew before you two did, even though it was always pretty obvious"

"Oh, yeah I mean I guess"

"Well, I'm happy for you, George is a cool person"

I thought of George again, "yeah he is." 

We arrived at the cell. The purple effect wore off the closer we got to it. Techno held a torch. "Nightmare?" He called out into the darkness.

I began to panic 'what if he escaped? Did he get out?'

"Unfortunately no." A voice came out of the dark.

"Show yourself now." Techno said banging in the cell with his fist. A seemingly old man appeared out of the darkness with a walking cane. 

"Stop playing games you parasite, show the real you."

The man began to change into a slightly distorted completely black figure. His eyes looked wild and like he hadn't slept.

"You happy now?" He asked holding his hands out. He looked quite thin and very disheveled. He was twitching slightly.

'Is he okay?'

"No I am not, I have been imprisoned, starved, tortured-."

"Tortured?" I turned to techno who shook his head.

"He's just complaining because I gave him a taste of his own medicine." Techno grinned slightly while nightmares expression seemed to darken slightly.

"And threatened me with unspeakable violence."

"Stop lying. He won't help you or free you. You almost made him hurt someone he cares for very much." Techno banged on the bars again.

Nightmare flinched.

"George, right?" He spoke quietly.

"What did you say-?" Techno moved forward slightly.

Nightmare snapped his head towards him. "Question wasn't aimed at you idiot, back off" he spoke in a harsh tone, voice filled with venom. He turned back towards me, holding the bars of the cage. "You nearly killed George clay. You're a monster"  he said coming towards me, face almost pressed against the bars.

I backed away. "What? N-no it, that wasn't, you did-." I felt my small amount of confidence drain and it was filled with an overwhelming feeling of guilt.

Techno stood in front of me protectively. "Stop nightmare. We came here for one reason. What are you planning to do?"

"Simple; I want you to suffer. Like I have. I want you to feel pain like never before. I want you to feel true sorrow like you've never felt it before. I want your world to crash around you and burn" nightmare spoke venomously.

An image of Wilbur on a ledge, about to jump flashed through my mind. I looked up. He smirked slightly.

"He plans to kill Wilbur" I said looking over at techno.

Techno looked slightly shocked for half a second before smirking and looking at nightmare.

"Okay. Goodbye nightmare. Oh and before I forget, hey chat, thoughts on potatoes?"

"NOOOOOOOOOO!" Nightmare screamed covering his ears as his cell was filled with noise. As he walked away techno snapped his fingers and the purple effect came over the cell. Nightmare continued to scream silently as we left the dungeons.