Chapter 18

Maddie's POV

I dropped the note, my hands shaking slightly.

"There's no time left, we must get our troops trained and ready"

I spaced out thinking about how my life had led up to this. I felt a hand in my shoulders pull me out of my thoughts. 

"You ok your majesty?" Puffy held my shoulder as I removed my hands from my face to meet her reassuring brown eyes.

"Yeah, let's get this thing over with."

Sally and Wilbur were assigned the duty of getting as many able-bodied people as possible. I made the rule that they were to refuse entry to anyone under the age of 18. Puffy and dream trained the new soldiers the second they entered the palace grounds, wasting no time. Niki and George showed them all how to patch up simple wounds quickly and what potions were good and which ones were harmful. I sat in the map room planning out our battle plan with techno who had started showing up more recently saying that tommy had given him "more breathing room". I didn't believe it but I wasn't about to contradict the person who was going to help the most in this war. Tommy was nowhere to be seen, probably cooped away in his own castle that presided over his kingdom. 

The doors crashed open and a man about wilburs age entered the room. He held a leather bound book with a swirl on it in his hands. Dream came in a few seconds later panting. 

"Wow, dude you are quick" he said clutching his side while holding the door frame.

"This is the battle plan?" The stranger said walking over to the map on the table. He wore a purple hoodie with different coloured sleeves and a swirl identical to the one on the book. He had messy brown hair and freckles. He traced the rivers on the map muttering slightly. 

"Excuse me but who are you exactly?" Techno said. The man looked up. "Did I not introduce myself?" Me and techno shook our heads. "Oh well in that case. Karl jacobs is the name and" he paused for a few seconds "and I don't know what my game is I guess" he chuckled slightly. 

"Seriously why are you here? Soldiers are not allowed in the map rooms." Techno said tensing his muscles.

"Who said I was a soldier? That's more my fiancés' field" he said looking out the window.

"Fiancé you mean, fiancés is plural" dream said looking slightly confused.

"Well that's wrong." 

"No it's not it's grammatically correct" techno said.

"No no the sentence is correct what's wrong is your assumption I have one fiancé"

The room went quiet as we took in the information.

"Damn your a player dude" dream said straightening himself.

"And this strategy."

"What?" Techno Said crossing his arms.

"Yeah this is wack"

"Excuse you I came up with this strategy and it's won me more wars then you can count."

"And I'm sure it'll win you a hell of a lot more. But not this time"

"What are you on about dude. You completely lost me" dream said rubbing his temple.

"This army is" he paused "different then the ones you've fought before"

"Well we'll still beat them with our barehands won't we mads?" Techno looked at me whilst cracking his knuckles.

"Different how?" I asked curious about what he had to say.

"They don't have a look."

"What?"

"It'll make sense later. For now all I can say is that plan" he pointed to the map "will not work this time"

"Oh and how do you know that mr jacobs" Techno said moving so that he was right in front of the guy. He stood over him menacingly. Techno was always tall but from that angle he looked like a giant.

"I just do" he said moving closer with determination.

"Ok you two knock it off" I said hoping to interject before the first punch. "Karl" he looked at me "you have two minutes. Explain"

George's POV

Where was clay? I walked through the corridors searching for him. I had left niki with the newbies. I hated the social interaction. 'Why do i have to be the one to tell them? Why can't niki just do it on her own?' I thought turning a corner. I crashed into someone. 

"Oh I'm so sorry" he held out his hand. I took it and replaced my glasses. He wore an interesting array of colours. "Actually you work here can you help me?"

"Um sure" I said feeling my face flush. 'More social interaction. Great'.

"It really is isn't it?"

"What?"

"Oh nothing anyway do you know where the map room is?"

"Oh um I believe it's somewhere on the third floor. Somewhere near the west tower"

"Ah ok thank you. Wonderful job by the way" he said before walking off and up the flight of stairs.

"Um thank you I guess?" I continued to walk looking around when I crashed into yet another person.

"For goodness sake second time" I muttered. I was met with a big tuft of blonde hair.

"Sorr- GEORGE!" Dream was on top of me.

"Clay?" I blushed profusely when I realised how we were lying.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, blushing as well. He stood up, clearing his throat.

"I could ask you the same thing" I said, taking his hand.

"One of the recruits got loose came up here I'm chasing him" dream rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh the one with the blue and yellow sweatshirt?" I asked, looking around.

"I think it was purple and green" dream said holding his finger up.

"Doesn't mater I'm colourblind anyway I think I saw him a few seconds ago." I turned around to face him.

"Really, did he tell you where he was going?" Dream leaned forward.

"Yeah the map room I think he said- but clay I wanted to-." I spoke.I raised my finger. He held my shoulders.

"Thanks George you've saved me a few hours. I'll talk to you later. Bye Gogy" he said waving behind him as he ran off after the stranger.

"Talk" I finished my sentence with a sigh. I put my finger down, frowning slightly. I headed back to the medical wing where niki was presenting the same potion of harming as she had five minutes ago. I sighed deeply. This was going to be a long day.

———————————————————-

Hello everyone

Sorry for the kinda crappy chapter. I just wanted to get something out. I wanted to ask you something but I didn't just want to do an authors note and not give you some more writing.

But yeah. So I've been planning in writing a new book since this one is probably gonna come to a close soon. I have a few ideas but I can't really pick so I thought I'd let you guys pick or at least say which ones you'd like to read.

So there's a school Sbi au, an apocalypse story with tommy and Wilbur or a non dsmp related Romeo and Juliet kind of story.

So tell me which one you'd like to see next.

Once again thank you for the little support I have received while writing this. It may not be a lot but it's enough to keep me going so thank you.

Once again I have no way to finish this so I'm just gonna say

Thanks a lot from me 😊