Chapter 12

Maddie's POV

'I'm exhausted' I thought as I looked up at the ceiling. 'It's too late. We've failed'

Yesterday was our last chance to stop Tommy. I was awake all night thinking about it. I heard knocking on the door. I sat up in my bed.

"Can we come in Maddie?" I heard Niki's soft voice on the other side of the door.

This was it. The beginning of the single worst and yet best day of my life. 

"Yeah I still have to look good. Even if it's the end of the world as we know it" The door opened and a flock of maids came in. I was whisked into the bathroom and given a scalding hot bath. I was scrubbed down as two of the women grabbed my hair and as gently as the could washed and brushed it. My hair was to be straightened today. I wouldn't normally straighten it  but today was a "very important day" as the women continued to tell me. I was pulled fairly harshly out of the tub and wrapped in a towel. I was dressed in my under garments and sat on a chair in front of my dresser. Multiple maids were gathered around me all doing a different job. I had someone putting my make up on, someone painting my nails and another person holding up the many layers of the dress I was going to wear. My hair was being dried when Niki came over. She held some ghastly looking thing up to me.

"No"

"Come on Mads. You need to wear it"

"No I refuse to wear a corset. They are uncomfortable"

"No no Skeppy made sure it was comfortable and anyway it's for protection. In case of an assassination attempt"

"Who in the kingdom would want to kill me?"

"Not the people from this kingdom but people from the other kingdoms"

"What like Ranboo?" I asked smirking. Niki smiled. 

"You never know"

"No I'm pretty sure I do- I mean he is just a tall stick isn't he?"

We giggled. I was then asked to stand up as our tailor entered the room.

"Skeppy"

"Hello again ma'am" He said dobbing his hat. He was the royal jeweller and tailor. He was wearing a blue button up tailcoat with a plain white shirt with the sleeves rolled up halfway. He wore brown trousers and nice looking shoes (I don't know any brands). He had a few earrings one of which was a diamond with sapphires (I am now writing on my iPad cos my laptop died). He wore a brown cap that mostly covered his hair.

"Wow is that hat still in fashion" I said smirking at his hat.

"Goodness no. Bad hair day" he said lifting the cap and revealing his hair. It was quite messy but not that noticeable.

"It's not terrible" 

"I know but if Bad saw me looking like this" he gestured to his hair "well I'm afraid that'd be the end of our relation- friendship" he looked around quickly his face turning red. Niki smiled smugly at him. 

"What was that Skeppy?"

"Nothing"

She giggled.

"Oh shut up will you?" He said glowering at her as he made his way over to me. 'Ok this corset is very comfortable and not too tight' I thought.

"So Skeppy about you and Bad"

The corset went very tight then.

"Sorry" I said quickly breathing heavily as it loosened. It's strange how much you miss air when you can't breathe.

The dress was put on very nicely. I looked at myself in the mirror. The hair stylists had done my hair in a sort of half up half down situation with a ribbon tying the pony tail on the top layer of my hair. It was very straight. My usually medium length hair had doubled in length. It fell just below my waist.

"Well done Skeppy. You've outdone yourself mate" I looked up to the door. Father stood there in all of his glory. He had a walking stick. He wore his crown. I looked up at him as he smiled.

"You look just like her you know Mads"

I curtsied. 

"Maddie you didn't do that before and you don't have to now after all you and Tommy are the ones taking the throne now. I hope that he comes to his senses"

I nodded solemnly but I knew it was hopeless.

I walked down the stairs. Wil turned around and looked up at me. Sally's hand flew up to her mouth. Techno just gave me a nod of approval. Someone was behind them. He was very tall and wore an all black suit with a red tie. 

"Ranboo!" I said practically running down the stairs and nearly pulling niki down with me.

"Oh my god careful Maddie! You're not supposed to run in the dress!" I tripped on the last step and fell into his arms.

I hugged him tightly. "I didn't know you were coming!"

"Um surprise?! To be honest I didn't know I was coming until about a day ago" he held his neck and smiled awkwardly. I saw another person. He was stood very still behind Ranboo. He was quite short and wore a green suit with a yellow and black tie with a small bee embroidered brooch. 

"Who's this?" 

"The intruder from yesterday. My brother or who he's commonly known as-" dream began before being interrupted 

"Tubbo or Toby whichever sounds more proper and posh" the boy said extending his hand. I took it and pulled him forward a bit. He stumbled slightly before regaining his balance. I looked at his feet.

"Tubbo are you wearing platforms?"

He went red with embarrassment "no"

"I did kinda tell him not to but he never really listens to me" Ranboo said behind me.

Dream stepped forward with Sapnap next to him.

"I'm sorry I hate to break up this moment but the coaches are ready and we should get going" he looked at his watch "right now". He said

"Oh" everyone looked quite panicked.

"But what about father and Tommy" Wil said looking at dream who looked very nervous.

"Ok why don't you Maddie Ranboo sally and Tubbo-" techno started before being rudely interrupted by someone shouting

"You better not be leaving without me!" It was Tommy he stood at the top of the stairs in his dress robes. They were red and white. He came down the stairs "Apologies everyone Skeppy took quite a while with my suit since he was a bit distracted" he shot a glare at me. "But yeah as I wanted to say I'm taking the carriage with techno Ranboo and Tubbo. No one else. Except maybe sally but I'm quite certain that she'd like to remain with her fiancé " he said raising his eyebrows and looking at sally expectantly. She went pink and nodded slightly as she held    Wilbur's arm. 

"Let's go then" a voice said at the top of the stairs. It was father.Immediately me sally and techno all moved to run up the stairs to help him down.

"I can manage in my own thank you very much" he said as he made his way down the stairs. I turned around to look at Tommy but he was already making his way to the carriages with Sapnap leading the way. Ranboo looked at me worried before running to catch up with Tommy and Tubbo who was walking quite awkwardly with the platforms on. Even with them on he wasn't much taller than 5'7.

Techno stayed still. Tommy acknowledged this and turned around. He and techno looked at each other intensely for a few moments before tommy looked visibly hurt and angry. He turned away and walked quickly past Sapnap who looked back in alarm at dream. 

"Well then um we best be going now" dream said ushering us out into the carriage.