Chapter 8: Reunion

Start from the beginning

His fists were still clenched, they started to turn white. Amanda kept quiet not knowing what to say.

Zack stood up and walked to him.

" you are right, we have no idea how much you suffered alone, while you were suffering, we were doing nothing but feeling pity for ourselves. I promised to always protect you but I failed you, I broke the promise I made, you have every right to be angry, I'm so sorry" Zack apologized.

Zack got on the floor kneeling in front of Rai.

"It's all my fault, you don't deserve to be in that condition, I know no amount of apologies can make up for what happened. I should never have given up on finding you. I'm sorry Hunter" Zack apologized.

Rai felt hurt seeing Zack kneeling before him, a rich man, who was putting on an expensive outfit was kneeling down in front of a lowlife like him, it felt wrong.

"Please never kneel in front of me again, just get your doctor here as soon as possible so we can get this over with" Rai expressed.

He walked out not waiting for a reply.

"I'm sorry about that, he usually isn't like that. I'll go talk to him" Skylar assured.

'Another woman telling me that, how annoying' Amanda smiled to herself bitterly

"No, I'll go, you still have a lot to explain to those two, don't you think deserve an explanation" Brian spoke up.

"Sir" Brian offered a hand to Zack who was still on the floor.

"He forgot me, he completely forgot all about me, I don't know what to feel right now. Brian, please make sure he is well protected for now" Zack spoke, standing up by himself.

"Yes sir" Brian agreed then walked away following Rai.

Amanda was worried and scared, what if he got hurt again, where was he going, why did he leave her again? She started walking towards the door to follow Rai but Zack interrupted her.

"Amanda, I know a lot of emotions are coursing through us right now, but we need to address the immediate problems, we need to find out what exactly happened first, the doctor has a lot to explain, Right Doctor," Zack asked.

Skylar was both scared and amazed by the handsome guy in front of her, his gaze captivated her completely.

"Uh yes -please take a seat" Skylar offered.

Amanda reluctantly agreed and took a seat next to Zack.

_________

"Words are not enough to express how grateful I am that you showed up when you did to save him. Please if there is anything, anything at all you want just name it" Amanda said holding Skylar's hands.

'She's very pretty and she seems very kind, I understand why Hunter Chose this woman to be his wife' Skylar thought to herself.

"Oh no, I didn't do this for a reward, actually I should be embarrassed, I kept him away from his family because I thought you were the ones who tried to kill him"

They had just finished comparing stories, Zack and Amanda shared their side till they were separated from Hunter, of course leaving out the actual truth of how things went down and Skylar also told them how she met him, about the person who was trying to kill him until the part when they first got to the island.

"What you did is wrong but it's probably because of what you did that he is still alive. Did you see the man who was strangling him that day" Zack asked.

"Unfortunately not, it was still too early in the morning and it was raining, he had a similar build so that's why I was convinced you were the one who tried to have him killed" Skylar answered.

"This is bad, I have no idea who it could be if that person somehow discovers he's alive in such a vulnerable state. Something bad could happen again" Zack commented hiding his face in his palms for a few seconds.

"I didn't tell anyone we were coming here, for now, no one apart from the people who are here should know, he is alive" Amanda suggested, her hands shaking.

"Amanda are you OK," Zack asked.

"I just can't believe he is alive and now learning his life is still in danger -Zack I don't want to lose him again, I can't bare it-i can't" Amanda replied fighting back the tears.

"D-don't worry, this place is far, I doubt that man will make his way here. For now, you can just enjoy your reunion, Rai-I mean Hunter although he didn't tell me about it, I could always see that he longing for something and I now I think he was just missing you but didn't realize it" Skylar explained.

"Doesn't seem like it, he hates us" Amanda commented.

"I'll help you, this is partly my fault anyway" Skylar commented.

"No need This isn't the first time he has been this cold to me, just leave it to me, let's see how long he can keep being upset with me"Zack declared.

_____

Please don't forget to

Vote

Comment

And/or

Share ✌